Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brightness and battery life vs EL

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I agree with ultra. All of the luxeons are plenty bright. Get the color you want and forget the damn lumens chart.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

plus you have to understand that the human eyes doesn't necessarily correspond to lumens ratings. red and red orange may be bright in terms of lumens ratings but they still don't appear to be as bright as green. It's because of the way that the human eye perceives color. I'm with the others on that too, just go with whatever color you want. Luxeon LED's are plenty bright enough, no matter what the color is.

Psab

Follow Your Bliss

Vincent, my 1 watt Luxeon star ROYAL BLUE was brighter than MR FX Anakin. Go with the color you want and forget about their charts -like all the veterans have told you. []

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

But whydoes it say 340mW for Royal Blue? What's that all about??

Trust Gelu,

I bought a royal blue LED from Tim and my eyes were watering for a couple minutes after accidently setting it off (using allegator clips to make sure everything works and how it works etc.) while looking into it.[B)] The LED's are all plenty bright. Just pick the one you want. I personally couldn't be happier with my royal blue.