Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ascarion is Complete.

Default Ascarion is Complete.

here it is folks, finally finished. couple people i gotta thank. Master Novastar for putting up with my 1,000,000 questions and all of his help. Tim for dealing with all my crazy ordering lol. and everyone that gave inputs / opinions on my first saber. i appreciate it, and thank you all. there are 2 pics which have my Luke ANH MR saber, and my wifes Yoda, and then Ascarion just for some comparison. the Lux5 doesnt show as bright as it really is in those pics vs the MR sabers. but it is. Royal Blue is just a soft color

all were taken in a normal lit room, minus the dark ones of course. 6:00pm outside for the dark ones.
    Jhadious Aran

Looks great, good job! Way to go...

As to the Lux V... what kind of blade film are you using? Also--do you know what current you're driving?

My (insane) Lux V is here... and I'm over-driving the poor thing quite a bit. Granted, it's a different blue than yours possibly. But it looks fantastic. It is definitely more "vibrant" than my other Flange III sabers, but... I still don't think it's worth the 7 or 8 volts needed.

Great for a direct drive saber though!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

wtg, good job.
    Visit Star Wars Space

that MPS 3 V2 really completes it, it wouldn't look the same without the big fat 'gear' like pommel.

Congratulations! That's a lovely and elegant weapon you've crafted.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I LOVE that pommel. It complements the emitter so well because the emitter tapers down to small and the pommel is huge.
    Alderaan shot first.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Very nice!

That's what I love about the MHS system. We're all presented with the same array of parts, but you can combine them and customize them in nearly infinite combinations, and make a truly unique saber.

The black choke combined with that emitter, and the large pommel actually make the saber look quite well balanced.

Congrats on finally finishing your saber.

Maverick

Thanks again all.

Nova - it's just the standard kit setup led>switch>resistor>6AA *9v* pack.
    its my shhhh saber, so i can be all sneaky like. *lol only cause i have 0 space left in the hilt, so Saber #2 will be my bells and whistles saber* ah yes, blade film. its he TCSS film + some polypropylene i put in there.

Phiily - yeap i so agree with you. i <3 the pommel. just no getting around it. we <3 the fat knob... that sure doesnt sound right at all but i'll just let it slide...ugh even worse!

Mav - lol sorry the designs changed so much mav now you have a whole knew ball of wax to go on, but Tyvm

rest - Thank you all. yay! heh
    Last edited by Jhadious Aran; 09-03-2008 at 12:57 AM.
    Jhadious Aran

You can meter for current to determine how much is going to the LED (if you like).

If you read "X" current and would prefer a bit more... you can replace the resistor with something a *bit* more tame.

I don't know what the TCSS 6AA @ 9v + resistor will yield, but... again, you can meter to find out.

If you don't know how, you can find out how on youtube or many other ways. Essentially, you use the meter as a "passthrough" kind of thing... like... pretend it is a resistor, and allow ONE of the lines (+ or -... but not both) to flow through both of the meter's leads (when your meter is set to read "A").

Anyhow... if you want it REAAAALLLY bright... you can do that!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide