Thread: 616 Joe Jedi Board question

Default 616 Joe Jedi Board question

OK I am kinda stuck I am wiring a Joe Jedi soundboard into a saber. I attached the latching switch to the board beneath the current button, I soldered across all three prongs. However when I tested the sound came on but would not turn off. I have now removed the switch and and works correctly again ( i tested using the switch on the board)Any tips how I can correct this?

Here is a basic schematic.

"I cannot change the past. I meant to do good. But the dark side is slippery, as you yourself should know. I tried to hide. I tried to die. And finally, I tried to atone." - Ulic Qel-Droma

What kind of switch are you using?? I am dead tired but I will post a wiring diagram for you tomorrow..Get rid of the solder bridge and use the top right and the one right below it and wire that to your switch..As stated I'll get a diagram posted for you tommorow..

You should only need to use one solder point for each wire. Bridging them will a cause a sort of a short and hence your malfunction. If you can make the pins from the original switch separate again and just solder the wires to one pin each. I just finished mine using the same setup and accidentally bridged two of them but got lucky and had no real problem, three could be not so good...
    Alderaan shot first.

I am using the switch Tim sells in the store. I have cleared the bridges. It sounds like I need to solder the wires to the right top and middle prongs. Is this correct?
    "I cannot change the past. I meant to do good. But the dark side is slippery, as you yourself should know. I tried to hide. I tried to die. And finally, I tried to atone." - Ulic Qel-Droma

Take a look at this wiring pic...Correct use the top right prong and the middle right prong and it should work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

only two of the pins need to be linked to close the circuit I don't remember the exact configuration but on mine they were on the same row, by linking all three pins you've closed the circuit and bypassed the switch, you have to be careful that the leads on the board that you connect to the leads on your switch don't cross each other, and that you're only attaching to the two leads you need to.

Edit: It should look something like this
    Last edited by Darth_DevilGuy; 09-03-2008 at 12:44 AM.

IT works!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for the help. You guys rock! I should have the saber done in the next few weeks

Glad I could help..I know when I first started I was shooting questions all over the place..come to think of it I still am. Anyways good luck on the saber build and remember 6 volts is the max you want to give this puppy otherwise you'll cook it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Navel View Post
    Glad I could help..I know when I first started I was shooting questions all over the place..come to think of it I still am. Anyways good luck on the saber build and remember 6 volts is the max you want to give this puppy otherwise you'll cook it.
    Yes, DN - look how far you've come