Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Thick Walled Blade Comparison Pictures

nice to see the old Fury helping out there

you just convinced me to get an Erv style instead of an Ultra, guess who is gonna have to do it for me :P lol

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

Currently only the Corbin style and TCSS style blades are available in the store. Will others be added? Where can one find an Ultra Film/GeluKhan blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Currently only the Corbin style and TCSS style blades are available in the store. Will others be added? Where can one find an Ultra Film/GeluKhan blade?
    Ultra blades = ultra sabers web site. P.S. IMPO I would go with Erv's style blade, which is poly-p and corbin film. Corbin film is in the shop and poly-p at most craft stores...(i.e. hobby lobby, etc.) here is a vid. of Ervs blade and how to make one.- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyJVyRDm0Y4

So they're not hard to make then?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No, they're not.

The hardest part, to me, is keeping the cellophane clean when you lay it out to roll up onto your dowel. My roll is only about 30" wide, so I have to roll some out, cut it off and roll it along the width to get the length I need.

If the weather's dry it's going to have a lot of static cling, and will pick up dust and hair, especially if you have a pet in the house that sheds. You need to do it on an absolutely clean surface.

You don't want that crap inside your blade, especially if you were only doing the cellophane wrap alone.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 03-11-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    So they're not hard to make then?
    Yknow, there's a stickied topic just below this one that shows you the basics of making an led blade:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=7274

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Yknow, there's a stickied topic just below this one that shows you the basics of making an led blade:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=7274
    Yeah, I saw that. But the video Count Malik posted set my mind at ease in terms of my ability to do it properly. Hence the rhetorical question.

Well, then, the rhetorical answer is, no, they're not that hard to make.

Edwin's video is a pretty accurate look at the differences in the blade film types. Most of my blades are done the same way.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 03-11-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for all this great info...it's great to see so many blades side by side. I haven't tried out nearly as many blades as most of you have, but after reading this thread, I think it's time for me to pick up a TCSS blade and maybe one of Xwing's...since I am going to start working on a MHS saber soon.

Now, has anyone had a chance to pick up a new UltraEdge? I posted these pics on Saberwars. The first set is a Blazing Red Dominix with a Heavy Dueling UltraBlade, on the right and an UltraEdge on the left.

The next set is a Consular Green UltraFx Luke ROTJ on the left with an UltraEdge and an Ultrasabers Elder on the right with an UltraEdge.

I'd be curious to see the UltraEdge next to some of the other blades...but as far as brightness goes I am very impressed with the UltraEdge. I guess to see it with other LED's would be another test.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could do that if i had two sabers that were the same color...right now they are all different...I like the UltraEdge, I have about three of them for my own sabers and they really seem to work best if you have a saber with a filtered white led. The color tone stays the same throughout the blade instead of washing out near the tip.