Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Thick Walled Blade Comparison Pictures

Hey Xwing question about your blades because i think i can say i have tryed every type of blade except 4 yours, the only reason i didnt end up ordering yours was because I was scared of it not being strong enough, can it break? or how much damage can it take?

and maul thanks 4 the comparison pics

And the thing i like about the Ultra blade is the good filtering results,heres a 272 lumen atlas led

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ojlQbg-Do
    Last edited by LeMoel; 09-16-2008 at 09:56 PM.

LeMoel... in your vids... are you passing your lightsource ALL the way through the saber? (from hilt pommel all the way through saber body out into the blade)

Hope I'm wrong, but... just curious...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

After having mine and sold a few I'd say it's as good as thin PolyC. It's a different feel (stiffer) but it can take as much damage as it. If anything it's better as it's doesn't fracture. It blemishes and creases as opposed to cracking and shattering.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Cool

I have both Erv' style and Ultra's/Gelu blades, and out of them Erv' style has to be the best for a few reasons:

*Very Even
    *Still has a bit of a Core
    *Brilliant for showing Extension/Retraction effects
    *Lighter

So you get the best of the Cellophane for evenness and the best of effects with the Corbin film, however, the BIG seam going along the blade From the Corbins film is annoying

I'm not bashing Ultra's blade, just pointing out that Erv's blade is another awesomely matched option

Could you build one up LM and add it to the comparison?

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Well he does have corbin film and a roll of ultra film.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Nova first of all i have to say wow good eyes,yes it is going all the way through the hilts body. Now the reason for that is because i just wanted to see what the filters looked like in a blade. Its only a demo saber what i made when i was younger so i couldnt set it up like it is supose to be nor did i feel like it since its just a arts and crafts piece of junk. Of course when i use my real saber that i lathed then it will be set up properly.

xwing thats a decent strength,i always felt that ur nylon blades would be perfect 4 custom led strings. I can see my myself liking xwings blade better that erv's style

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Malaki Skywalker View Post
    Could you build one up LM and add it to the comparison?

I could...Just need to get around to it. Laziness is a big factor here
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

In terms of lumen output, I'd say they're throwing the same total, just differently diffused. The carpet around them seems to be showing fairly similar light spill, so I'd guess we're seeing the same amount of throw. So it all comes down to personal diffusion preference. Eventually, I'll build my saber and we'll see how that looks XD (By the by, I'm mad, brilliant, or both. We'll see after I order all the needs)

ummm..isnt that waht this thread is about? the blade diffusion differences? comparrisons?

Yeah, that is quite a difference.

I'd like to see blade comparison photos taken with one of those camera's that don't overexpose the images, like nearly all digital camera's do. One of those camera's that take pictures like we see, so we can get a really good comparison.

That would be sweet to see.

Maverick