Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Thick Walled Blade Comparison Pictures

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Patience... Soon I will be doing a thin walled blade comparison with every blade type (that comes thin walled)...

UltraEdge
    Gelukhan
    Erv' style
    Xwing
    Corbin double wrap

In 3 colors.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

@ Lord Maul- I have two royal blue sabers- one with a ultra fx blade and one with poly-p and Corbin film. Let me know if I could help...
    to get sorta the same effect as a ultra edge (like jay-gon said) sanding dose help. just to second that...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I'm doing it with a Tri Rebel. That way every LED is driven the same way, same board, same everything. It is as controlled as I can get it
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I could do that if i had two sabers that were the same color...right now they are all different...I like the UltraEdge, I have about three of them for my own sabers and they really seem to work best if you have a saber with a filtered white led. The color tone stays the same throughout the blade instead of washing out near the tip.
    I was wondering about that. I have been considering getting a saber with a white LED but it seems that colors with the filters seem to wash out...but now that I know that it just reinforces my opinion of the UltraEdge. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I could do that if i had two sabers that were the same color...right now they are all different...I like the UltraEdge, I have about three of them for my own sabers and they really seem to work best if you have a saber with a filtered white led. The color tone stays the same throughout the blade instead of washing out near the tip.
    hmmm so i should try this with my white k2 and orange filter i got from TCSS... lee filters should be in the mail soon

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Quote Originally Posted by Caine Drathul View Post
    I was wondering about that. I have been considering getting a saber with a white LED but it seems that colors with the filters seem to wash out...but now that I know that it just reinforces my opinion of the UltraEdge. Thanks for the tip.
    Hi Caine... yeah... as strange as it may seem... differing diffusion methods will react differently with differing LEDs.

When you think about it... it actually does make sense though. Just like when the "bin" of a cyan (for example) is altered, it changes the way we perceive the color... changing any OTHER aspect of how the light gets configured (like the diffuser) will *also* yield different results.

In fact... if you have a VERY bright white LED (say a P7)... it's not going to react the same to a filter as a white P4. In fact, you'd need a filter that is a "deeper" color (with LESS transference) for the P7 to produce a nice yellow (for example) vs. the filter you'd use with a P4.

It seems all complicated, but... you know how it goes: change ONE aspect = changes everything.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I can't be the only one that's confused here...

I have no idea which pics are which...

In the description there's 4 film types...and 6 pics of each colour.

I'm totally lost...these pics need better lables.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Are you talking about the pics on the first page? What don't you understand? They are showing the 3 basic colors, red, green and blue, with each blade type.

3 different angles: flat on the floor, showing the whole blade; angled away from the camera from the hilt end; and concentrating on the tip.

2 lighting situations, lights out and lights on.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

The confusing part was that four film types were listed and only 3 shown.

I get it now..I was tired.

The last one "ultra" looks nice. Appears to have a wide core effect from an angle and brighter edges side on. But its well lite!