Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Seoul P4 lumens

hey Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie, can u put in ur best orange lee filter with that p4 so i can see what it looks like. i have done it before but cant remember how good it turned out. thanx

Wiccan Jedi, I am high priest Khaos Lyfer

Just remember you are "unique"....Just like everybody else.
    i wonder what time it is on Coruscant

Nice. I need a good purple, so the blue & red combo looks like a good option.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Ney, I'll do that for you later tonight. We're off to the beach to watch all the tourists go home! (Yay!)

Donnovan, check out the difference in brightness between the yellow and purple. The camera settings are the same in all the shots. In order to get a good purple, I had to use a pretty dense filter. It's a nice, rich color, but I lost a lot of lumens.

For purple, you would be better off in the long run to get a Prolight RGB and run the blue and red together.

ok i guess you got to busy. nevermind then.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Sorry bud. I have a wife and a son, two jobs, volunteer obligations, and more.

In other words, I have a life outside of lightsaber building.

I'll take the picture, but I shouldn't have said that I would do it right away. I may get to it tonight, but no promises.

oh no i di not say what i said out of anger,, i just knew that you where busy is all. i understand what ur sayin, just about everybody else here has a life outside of sabers. its all good man get to it whenever you get the time.no big deal

I'm really liking the color of two red filters...pink, but more reddish than pinkish. How does it look in person?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Ney, Sorry I was a little grumpy. I've had a rough couple of days at work. I'd like to do an Xwing style blade test against my boss' head.

Anyway, here's a picture for you. Just for comparison, the camera settings are the same for all the pictures.

In my opinion, the Deep Golden Amber gave the best "orange" out of the set, but you can see in the comparison pictures, that you lose a lot of light.

I'm using a disc cut from a pair of ski goggles as my default color, but the Oklahoma Yellow is pretty much a dead-on match for it. I just threw that in for comparison.

The 105 orange filter was a pale peach color when I used only one thickness. The color didn't quite show up right on camera. It was better with two thicknesses, but I wouldn't call it orange. More of an amber.

Hope this was helpful.

(Whoops! Just noticed a typo in my pictures. I typed "No Fliter" instead of "No Filter". Oh well. I'm not going to fix it now.)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Unit View Post
    I'm really liking the color of two red filters...pink, but more reddish than pinkish. How does it look in person?
    Not very impressive. Cool color, but I'd estimate that I lost nearly half the light output.

Right.

If you look at the "transference" or transmission or whatever the bloody name for it is... on Lee filters, btw... you'll see things like a graph and "40%" or "48.23%" and other uber-nerd terms for light.

But to those new with that... higher=better.

Obviously, you'll find that BLUE filters tend to have LOW transmission, and YELLOW filters tend to have HIGH transmission. To a point.

Anyhow--the best you'll usually see (with WHATEVER) is like 80% or 85% or something. Sure you could do 90% or > but... you'll wouldn't see a darn bit of your color... unless you like "washed out", hahahah

Finally, I do not know exactly what happens when you "stack" filters... in terms of the transmission. Does it get sliced in half? Or is it worse than that? Hmm. Whatever the case, I would say try to pick a single filter (wherever possible) over two of 'em.

For purple--I will agree with most people I've spoken with with experience... *USUALLY* you're better off doing R_B on an RGB...

Heck, the RGB Grayven made for me looks pretty darn bright for ALL the colors... although sure, a P4 for yellow would probably be better. But likely only for yellow... or maybe sky blue. MAYBE.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide