Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: darth maul and obi-wan fx saber convertions

Default darth maul and obi-wan fx saber convertions

ok, whos done the obi-wan and maul fx convertions?

i know we have a pic tut. on the maul, but we need to get a blow by blow for those shots, cuz i aint got a clue whether to pry, or what here and there,

and the obi needs a blow by blow soon too.

i want to get my wife either a maul, or a mace, and i think the mace is pretty well shown, but if i do a maul, a double, i need to know more on the rip down and reassembly, and if tim has a blade holder for the maul or obi-wans yet.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

The Maul is actually really easy to break down Lan. The ONLY funky thing to me was popping the pin and prying off the red cap on the on/off switch. The cap is just that, a thin cap so push the pin just in enough to clear and work slowly around the cap prying it off. It is globbed with that MR gooey snot that they love so much. really other then that it is unscrew and pop exactly like what we discussed when JTsteph did his way back.

I still have not picked up an Obi-Wan. Hope this at least helped a little.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

someone did an obiwan conversion a while back.... it's in the gallery. he's the only one other than ultra that i know of who's done that conversion
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I hear it disassembles like the Luke. Take off the box and that's probably half the battle.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by james3
    The Maul is actually really easy to break down Lan. The ONLY funky thing to me was popping the pin and prying off the red cap on the on/off switch. The cap is just that, a thin cap so push the pin just in enough to clear and work slowly around the cap prying it off. It is globbed with that MR gooey snot that they love so much. really other then that it is unscrew and pop exactly like what we discussed when JTsteph did his way back.

I still have not picked up an Obi-Wan. Hope this at least helped a little.

ok, that helps along with the tut. pics, but what are we using for the blade holders, and mounts for luxeons on both the obi and maul sabers?

i think i have her convinced to grab a mace off ebay, so im probably looking to convert a mace for her to a royal blue, thats the color she wants.

but myself, if i come across a good deal on a obi, i want one, and want to do the convert on it, just wondered what was used for the holder/lux mounts on obi and mauls?

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Just the stock stuff on both, no one has any kits. It's not that bad on the Obi and Maul. Both are all metal up to the end so it's decent support.

You could just mount the custom heatsink and be done with it. It's small enough to throw in there and use a couple setscrews to prevent it from moving.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Obi kits are designed and will feature the new heatsink. Its actually a pretty easy saber to take apart.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

the obi kits are good news, and now with corbin coming in to the shop, he might get a maul holder and heatsink designed.

so for right now, im lookin on ebay right now for a mace for the wife to convert.

i can bide my time a bit longer for the obi kit to be sold, and maybe a maul as well, then grab 1 of each.

oh, yeah, corbin told bout his coming in here over on theforce.net

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

well i just got her a mace off ebay for 92 bucks. thats the cheapest i seen right now. might could of got one cheaper a lil ways back, but i wasnt lookin for one then, lol

edit:

i just ordered and paid for the parts i need for the mace convert. she wanted a royal blue so i got a L 3 royal blue. i hope its bright enough.

now its waitin time for all of it to come in and then start in. i have a lil question on it tho, the 3 new setscrews that are in the kits, do you have to loosen/tighten those screws to take the blade in and out?

that mean, shes gonna have to carry a allen wrench around with her? or can one of those screws be a thumbscrew instead? thats the only part of the convert im not sure on. and if those are the blade screws, she gonna have to do all three or just one to get it in and out?

she said for her it wouldnt be a big deal to carry a allen around in her pocket. just need to know how to work it to show and tell her.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Just because I dont stock them I can get all MR products at wholesale. Drop me a email before you buy one someplace else and I might be able to get you a decent price. Hopefully I will start stocking them all soon.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop