Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoda conversion?

Default Yoda conversion?

woo hoo first post!!
    Has anyone here tried converting the Yoda lightsaber to a luxeon III? if so, what parts from TCSS can i use? oh and more importanly, anyone know where i can get a breakdown of this saber? thanks

Ryma Mara

as far as I know of there hasent been a tear down of a yoda yet. I dont think anyone has came up with a conversion kit yet.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I did a tear down. There is not much room at all to work with. It uses a slightly larger than 3/4" blade and I might be able to make some sort of insert that adapts it to a 3/4" blade and also holds a LED setup but it will probably be awhile as that job is not going to be at the top of my list.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Sith Lord

or you could get one from vader usa. lol

on his auction, it says something to the effect that it LOST the clash sounds, cause there wasn't room. he doesn't even heatsink his leds
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Ryma Mara

Yeah vader usa is not a reputable person, I heard alot of bad things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur
    I did a tear down. There is not much room at all to work with. It uses a slightly larger than 3/4" blade and I might be able to make some sort of insert that adapts it to a 3/4" blade and also holds a LED setup but it will probably be awhile as that job is not going to be at the top of my list.
    Tim... what is the length from pommel to emitter... and emitter to tip of blade?

I have created a 9" FX conversion... but I had to make a slight modification to the battery pack setup in order to get it to work.

If the Yoda hilt is anywhere near 9"... I think it could easily be done.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Ryma Mara

I thought someone mentioned that it is about 7-8 inches long.

From the top of the emitter to the bottom of the the hilt is 7 1/8. If you include the shroud it is 7 15/16. I'm waiting for a conversion also.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

How many people would be interested in a Yoda kit if it was setup to hold standard 3/4" blades but only held 3/4" of the blade? There just is not much room to work with and do a proper conversion on these.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

3/4" is not enough. I wouldn't feel that having it a luxeon is giving me the benefits of dueling.

My thoughts now are a "drop in" system would be the safest answer. It'd just be a sleeve and the heatsink/lux/optics wold be housed in the blade. It'd then be quick disconnected in and out.

Neither is a great/easy solution, but I'd feel safer with that one.
    RED LEADER Standing by!