Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Momentary AV Switch Wiring

Default Momentary AV Switch Wiring

Good morning Forums.TCSS, I hope you're doing well!

I'm wiring up a red ring momentary switch to be used with a Nano Biscotte v2. I want the switch light to be off when the blade is off. And switch light to turn on when the blade is turned on.

Hopefully simple question - can the Ground and LED Negative connectors be wired together to save cabling space, heading back to the battery?

Thank you!

Last edited by TobyTheTerrible; 10-30-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Depends on how you wire the led, but I think its possible.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Just to clarify are you asking two questions?

1) Can the AV switch LED ground (-ve) and switch "ground" connection be wired together then have one wire heading back to the battery?
    2) How can I wire the AV switch LED so it comes on with the main blade LED?

Cheers

~M

Martyn & Jay-gon, I appreciate your help.

I would like the switch to illuminate only when the main blade LED is turned on. I currently have the switch's LED ground and switching ground both leaving together but the switch LED turns on as soon as the battery is installed.

Would the switch LED ground (-) need to return to the NB v2 for the switch light to illuminate only when the main blade LED is on?

Thanks a ton!

What is the LED (+) connected to?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

switch LED+ is connected to the battery & dynaohm.

That's your problem. For it to work the way you want it to, it LED (+) needs to be run in parallel with the main LED, not directly off of the battery.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Okay thanks! My setup is similar to the one pictured in the NB v2 manual for tri rebel and the two main red LEDs in this case are powered from the battery and return to the NB in the High Power LED Pad- slot. I'll try wiring the switch LED in parallel with that.

Thanks so much!

FJK, I can confirm this worked. I appreciate your help so much!

Please forgive this question, but by Parallel do you mean wiring the Switch LED (+) on the same wire as the Main Led (+), with a resistor each for the Switch and Main LED?
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.