Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anakin conversion questions

Default anakin conversion questions

was wondering...as i intend to convert my anakin fx as well...does the new blade holder that will be made have the detail look on the end like it should?

John "JD"
    SL/TK-7768

...now you see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb!

I don't know for sure, but I don't think so..

But I'm sure that if you ask nicely Tim can do that for you.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, it will. It will have that beveled emitter. That's part of the reason it's taking longer. It's not as simple as the vader.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I just got a 2nd hand Anakin saber today. When you hit it it powers up again - like turns off for a split second then powers up again. And when that happens the sound kinda goes dull and real quiet them when I hit it hard again the sound comes on. I'm gonna convert it - is there any way of repairing this? Do you guys thinks it's the connector or something? Hope it doesn't happen when I conver it.

Less talk, more action........

mine does the same thing. I guess it just registers the power-up function as a clash. it seems to only happen when I hit it a certain way, though.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Sounds like you have a lose connection or loose wire. I would trouble shoot the problem when you take it apart and repair it before you do the conversion.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

yeah, probly a loose wire somewhere, or a bad connection. most likely a simple fix.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

i agree, sounds like a wire broken with just the sheathing holding it on. makes intermittent connections when wires brush against each others ends. just examine it closely, when you tear it apart.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Like examine the connections to the white plug mainly? Coz you can get to the board unless you split the housing yeah?

Less talk, more action........

I don't have stuff for conversion, but I started taking it apart anyway, and I think I found the problem, it was as simple as a crappy connection to the switch, so on certain impacts, the disconnected and reconnected, re-igniting the blade. Had to re-solder that. At least, I hope it was that simple.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">