Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Purple LED

That really does look awesome! I've been reading about all the problems with the purple lightsabers and I got to say, that is by far the best option! It truly has a custom look to it. Nice Do-Clo. Also, thanks X-Wing for the posting index, that's how I found this![]

This is a very easy way to make a purple saber and I was very pleased with the way the blade looked. And thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Could you give some specs about the LEDs you used? Luminosity and such?

I see a bunch of LEDs out there, but they range in color from a pinkish to a nearly blue, and the microcandela ratings swing from 190mcd to over 2500mcd. What did you use?

...how will you know the light unless you have seen the dark? How will you know the good unless you have flirted with the evil?

The leds that I used are uV leds that I purchsed in a bulk pack on Ebay. They require about 3.5 volts and 20 ma for proper operation.

Do-Clo

still looks awesome do-clo. i still might give this a shot myself sometime.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Hey Do-Clo, how about a schematic for the way the LED's are placed? I really think you're onto something and it'd be awesome if it could easily be reproduced. (hint: TIM!!!!) That would be sweet if you can still use it in the MHS with the quick disconnect and everthing! There's got to be a way![]

Also, how bright is that thing in comparison to the other colors? I know it's brighter than the purple filter I'm using but it would be sweet if it could stand up to say the Green, Royal Blue, and Cyan![]

do-clo, i think you really did start something here, just as you told me the other day. lol

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

incredible!!! Looks incredible [8D][8D] Nice job!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

A diagram and pic of the board would help, but I doubt Tim would ever stock it. He'd have to make those suckers and he's got better things to do that sit there soldering a bunch of little LEDs.[xx(]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I will draw up a diagram later tonight and post it. The brightness is not as bright as the green or red colors but it does look good. I put the leds in a stock MR blade and they also looked good I will post a picture of that also. I am considering replacing the leds on a stock MR blade with all uV leds to see how it will look.

Do-Clo