Thread: Want to convert a Parks Rogue

Question Want to convert a Parks Rogue

Okay for my first LED saber I would like to convert my old parks rogue from EL to LED. Should I keep the 3/4" blade or get convert to a 1" blade? What do you all think?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You could probably convert that one. Maybe even sound. Personally I would keep the 3/4" blade because of the awesome emitter. It may be that a 1" blade is impossible. That's the norm with Parks sabers.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I have the older saber. Three or four sabers back i think i could do a 1" but i could do a 3/4" with a lux V but the only thing is that i dont know how to install with the 3/4 blade

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Could you take a quick picture of it? putting a tape measure next to it would help a lot too

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Here it is.

I know it needs a good polish but this is what I have to work with. I still have the EL stuff but i wasn't happy with them. The blade got dimer and dimer overtime so i took it all out.

A 3/4" blade will be dimmer then the 1" but would a LUX V make it up?
    Last edited by Luar Selbor; 08-30-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

That should convert easily. As for blade brightness, sure you could put a V in, but a well diffused blade coupled with a 5 degree optic will be pretty darn bright with just a 3W. Jay Gon can attest to that

thank I'll ask him. I am also going to change emitter around and add a some other things. I would like to make a switch in the activation box as well.