Thread: Older MR FX Blades

Default Older MR FX Blades

I know that the tutorial talks about the new 3V Vader lightsaber being used for conversion to LED. What about the older 6V systems. I have a couple of these lying around that I would want to convert. Are they harder or just impossible to do?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I will address the older ones as I get time also.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

i think it was said before that fit of components was the major problem on the 6 battery jobbers.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Well I hope Tim comes up with something, and if they do fit I think it will be an easier conversion. I took one of mine apart today. Two screws took the entire thing out, and then the casing that holds the blade and components had three screws. So for now I have the blade off and waiting, at least I can hang it on my belt when I am trooping.

tim might be workin on something for that/ just have to wait and see i guess.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I'd like some info too, specificaly the '03 Vader.

First Problem: Broken Switch. There's 4 wires (numbered 1-4 on the board) that I'd like to connect to a sabershop standard switch (only 2 wires)

Second Problem: Wiring up to the luxeon. Clash sensor has 3 wires, main connector only has 7, as opposed to the '05 which has 2 and 8, respectively.

Any tips, hints, or info on how to cut down on the basic trial-and-error I'm facing, PLEASE hit me back!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by nmfiredawg

Well I hope Tim comes up with something, and if they do fit I think it will be an easier conversion. I took one of mine apart today. Two screws took the entire thing out, and then the casing that holds the blade and components had three screws. So for now I have the blade off and waiting, at least I can hang it on my belt when I am trooping.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What model are you referring to that only took two screws to take it apart? [?]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Hopcake

I'd like some info too, specificaly the '03 Vader.

First Problem: Broken Switch. There's 4 wires (numbered 1-4 on the board) that I'd like to connect to a sabershop standard switch (only 2 wires)

Second Problem: Wiring up to the luxeon. Clash sensor has 3 wires, main connector only has 7, as opposed to the '05 which has 2 and 8, respectively.

Any tips, hints, or info on how to cut down on the basic trial-and-error I'm facing, PLEASE hit me back!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I replied to your post on TFN

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity