Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Luke ESB Luxeon

I originally just used the stock blade holder, as it was just going to be a display piece. But then I replaced the blade holder from my ultra Luke ROTJ saber with a TCSS blade holder, i put the ultra blade holder in the ESB.

I had to dremel out the stock blade holder so it would fit in. Its still just a display piece but the blade fits in it better now.

So with a bit of work the MR FX Maul conversion kit might work. You just have to have it sticking out the emitter abit. Heres what my one looks like:

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    I originally just used the stock blade holder, as it was just going to be a display piece. But then I replaced the blade holder from my ultra Luke ROTJ saber with a TCSS blade holder, i put the ultra blade holder in the ESB.

I had to dremel out the stock blade holder so it would fit in. Its still just a display piece but the blade fits in it better now.

So with a bit of work the MR FX Maul conversion kit might work. You just have to have it sticking out the emitter abit. Heres what my one looks like:

Thanks. Since part of the charm of the EBS Luke is the light showing through the emitter, I think I'll try to cut the Maul holder down and fit it deeper into the hilt. It'll be that much less sturdy, but I don't think this guy will be using it for dueling.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Turns out the guy can't afford what I'm asking, and offering a lower price would make it not worth my time, so I'm filing that away as a possible future project.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The above is pretty much what I did. I took a plain aluminum tube though. Dremel and slide it in. Works fine.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I just did a conversion using the Darth Maul conversion kit, which is pretty much a perfect fit. The only problem I've had is that even after shaving off plenty of plastic from the interior of the case, the sliding switch presses against the blade holder. I finally managed to get things shaved down enough so that the switch moves reasonably smoothly, but the switch still seems to occasionally short out (turning off the saber) because of contact with the aluminum blade holder. I've insulated it with electrical tape, but the movement of the switch seems to wear through the tape. Has anyone else had this sort of problem?