Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: jedi training ball

Wink jedi training ball

hi guys just thought id post this as an idea. please feel free to share your thoughts.
    ever wanted one of those cool training balls that luke trains with? well the idea would be to make a lightweight on probobly out of styrofoam. but then how do you make it fly? and how affordably? well check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljhe08q46QI . and its only about $32-$37 us from this site http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_ss_...ds=QFO&x=0&y=0. enjoy

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Interesting, its pretty quick too! now if you can attach some kind of small IR gun with sounds and light to it, and a IR sensing harness for the combatant to wear. Kinda like what you get at those laser tag places. Then you can get a friend to fly the thing and have it "shoot" at you while you block the "shots" with your saber (if you can get the saber to block IR beams) and there you go!!

Excellent idea dude!

They make RC helicopters that shoot IR at each other. they're about the same size. When one gets hit it falls. You could put the sensor on the blade and maybe an indicator light on the hilt.
    But, humans can't see IR, so you would have to be strong in the Force to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by annon View Post
    They make RC helicopters that shoot IR at each other. they're about the same size. When one gets hit it falls. You could put the sensor on the blade and maybe an indicator light on the hilt.
    But, humans can't see IR, so you would have to be strong in the Force to make it work.
    You could also put an indicator on the ball as well, so that it flashed red, we'll say to indicate a shot fired.
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

The only problem is that if the little copter thing is in the ball, the IR signals won't be able to reach it. Plus, I've got one of those ones that are actually like helicopters, and they barely support their own weight. If they're anything less than a full charge, they generally don't climb. I'd love to see an actual floating trainer. Maybe someone can make it work!

well if you watch the video it actually comes with a metalic looking ufo case that i belive is designed to fly with the toy. so i belive it would support some extra wieght on its own.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Cool! I didn't see the case before. It almost looks like it might just be a protective case, but if it's meant to fly in that, that'd be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieJedi View Post
    Interesting, its pretty quick too! now if you can attach some kind of small IR gun with sounds and light to it, and a IR sensing harness for the combatant to wear. Kinda like what you get at those laser tag places. Then you can get a friend to fly the thing and have it "shoot" at you while you block the "shots" with your saber (if you can get the saber to block IR beams) and there you go!!

Excellent idea dude!
    or instead of IR beams use those foam disc things and have a buton on the remote that shoots em or instead of it flying have a wire it runs on so that it can hold more weight but flying would be coler.

Actually in regards to the IR, one could splice into the existing IR sensor(s) and then lengthen the wires and move the sensor to the outside/chasis of the training ball cover for the copter. That way the signal still gets passed internally
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

uhh..... guys? NASA already made one