Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1.25 Sink tube Blade holder. Yet Again!!!

Truck bedliner works fairly well, but it doesn't so much stick to MHS parts. It will scrape off fairly easily.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Default 2 good

well 2 good suggestions I have seen so far are skateboard grip tape and andonized paint. It is good to know about the bedliner because I almost went and got some. Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    I can partially correct you...

Grinding/sanding down the OD of the TCSS part is perfectly fine. There won't be much to do to it.

Grinding/sanding down the ID of the sink tube is unwise since it's already pretty thin... and although it probably wouldn't hurt, it's better to take down the thicker part.

It is indeed true that there is no way Tim could "vouch" for EVERY solitary 1.25" tube on the planet. They all have differing variances, and so even when things are off by 0.01"... that is enough to prevent a good fit at times.

You do not want to force it.
    You do not want it to be loose either though...
    seeing as i work for a mufflershop i wonder how much i can expand the pipe before the sinktube tears or the chrome peels off? Anyways i have to wait for stock as the custom saber shop is completely out of both 1.25 and 1.5 sinktube adapters , so i guess i'm sol at the moment .

My 1.25" blade holder is actually sanded down at one end. I am using it to hold the blade on my dooku. The inner diameter of the Vacuum cleaner handle that I was using was more narrow than a sink tube so I had to sand this down. But now it fits perfectly.

For me I have the dremmel accessory router attachment, I just put a grinder tip on it. The blade holder gets ground down evenly by it when I apply some pressure.