Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Open Saber Sound Project

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    You can delete your own post, cc. Click Edit, then you'll see the Delete option button.

I don't think it's necessarily wrong to direct someone to another message forum. I direct people over to FX-Sabers if they are looking for someone to build them a saber or do custom work. There, they can ask about it on the open forums.

Sometimes this place isn't always that someone might be looking for, if they really don't want to build a saber themselves.

Should I not direct people to the Rebel Legion or 501st if they want to get into cannon costuming? This isn't a costuming board.

I think it depends on where you direct them and how you do it.
    maybe..

however I still correct in this situation..

Tim has already 'hush-hush'ed' the RFX project sorta.. since it may leads to people buying things other places..etc..

that tied with that fact that TCSS is looking into their OWN sound board (to me) means it really shouldnt be advertised (per se`) going elsewhere.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, stepping back and thinking to myself...

Tim is working on a new soundboard...

This project would eventually draw away from his buisnes...

I'll just delete my posts...

If I could find it, everyone else can if they want it bad enough...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I agree in this case, xl, just not in an all encompassing rule against ever sending anyone to another message forum for any reason.

As pointed out, this is Tim's forum and we certainly want to support him and his products and not talk about buying parts or services from other people or sending people to other places for that.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Ok. I've looked for it, but my google-fu must be too weak...

Could someone pm me the link to the forum/thread were this open board is being designed?

Please?

there are only a few left on the RFX project...

and another 'branch' off project trying to work with the Arduino..

Was wondering if there was anything that we could do to help Tim?
    Sure seems that there is a whole lot of talent and knowledge here
    that would be more than willing to do something...if anything were
    available to be delegated.

Damn this was a helova long thread to read through.

Dave
    AKA: Damin Kestler

Tim needs nothing/no help..

he has his SB under control.. he understands the needs/wants and market of the community.

the OPEN sound board project.. was for 'fun'..and people getting together learning..testing stuff out.

in the end.. there was NEVER to be a sound board created & sold..& the was NEVER the goal of it.

in 'theory' (if things ever get done).. you 'could' possibly follow along with the developmnent..and 'maybe' create one for yourself too..

but again..this was NEVER to be a mass produced/retail board of ANY kind.

(just to be clear)

Default A return to an open soundboard project...

Been quite a while since I had time to work on the soundboard I was making. Right now, I'm soldering a daughter board that holds an audio amp and an accelerometer. I still need to make a small board with a reed relay and the buckpuck.

The prototype works okay on the breadboard. I'm still mucking with the Doppler-shifted hum for the swing, but it sounds halfway decent as it is. So far I have power up/down with an LED ramp effect, hum, shifted hum swings, and a clash. LED flickering on clash and a slow pulse during hum work fine, just a bit hard to tune for the right effect.

Here's the bad news...I haven't taken any pictures/video throughout the build, so I have kinda crap-for-construction notes. I'll take some pics of the current build if people are interested. I can also post code.

The base of the board is a small form-factor Arduino Duemilanove called the Really Bare Bones Board (RBBB). I should have it in a saber in time for "Star Wars in Concert" on June 19th The hilt, blade holder, LED and heatsink are completed and awaiting the soundboard. Come to think of it, I should post pics of the hilt in the forums.

Does anyone know when Tim's soundboard is going to be ready? After building this one, I'm pretty sure an off-the-shelf one would be a wiser choice. I like doing this kind of work (it's sort of therapy for me ) but I've been frustrated by the lack of time I have to invest in the project.

"Here's the bad news...I haven't taken any pictures/video throughout the build, so I have kinda crap-for-construction notes. I'll take some pics of the current build if people are interested"

I would be very interested in discussing this with you. I'm looking at creating boards for my own personal use not just sabers let me know i'll give you my details

what part(s) are the Arduino actually controlling? the audio? or just PWM/LED stuff?
    (and of course any accelerometer tracking/sensing)

I dont remember how your project is.. are you using any uSD card for holding sounds?.. or are these generated sounds form chips..etc?

is the accelerometer doing everything? pitch shifting, swing & clash detection? or are you using other sensors for that?

(off topic).

are you developing with a real Arduino and then popping out the chip into yoru final application? how are you gettign yor ublank Atmels flashed with bootloader? (through breadboard? parallel programmer?) or by passing bootloader altogether for more space and straight program?

Thanks
    Last edited by xl97; 05-24-2010 at 07:51 AM.