Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Sound Board

well i have 4 different boards...qui-gon, windu, the do it yourself board, and the vader, ...just wondering which wires go where.... the last post i did with that same question a message came up saying "you cant post two messages within a certain time limit" thats why i posted again....sorry

Could a Buck Puck be powered by the Hasbro sound board? The minimum input for the Buck Puck is 5vDC.

The input for most of the Hasbro boards is 4.5VDC. So... not really.

Some boards (the Obi-Wan) you can push 6 volts, which would probably work.
    FSM FTW!

well, i got the 5w cyan led, could i still use the hasbro sound board from any of the hasbros? would the voltage be off or still do-able?

So I've been browsing the forums for a while and now that I'm ready to put the electronics in my hilt I thought I'd sign up and ask a few questions. First off, I bought an Obi Wan force action saber (the spring blade one) and since I didn't see any pictures that matched the board in it exactly I thought I'd post one I took and labeled. Here's a link since the picture is pretty big:

http://i7.tinypic.com/65zt4i9.jpg

The mystery wires were connected somewhere near the LED's, but I'm still not sure what they're for. The board works fine without them connected, so it's all good I suppose.

Also, I had a couple of questions, I was going to get a green K2, and I was wondering how I would go about hooking that up with the sound board. I'd like to have in on one switch, so would hooking up the negative lead from the LED's on the board and then having the positive coming directly from the batteries with the proper resistor work? Also, would just a 4AAA or 4AA setup be enough to power both the K2 and the board?

Thanks in advance.

Chase you cant directly power a 5w led from a hasbro board. The voltage requirements of the led are too much for the hasbo electronics.

Bantha, as for the K2, while the board will light it up it will in no way get ANYWHERE near enough current to run properly. Way below spec. The thing to remember is that the hasbro is designed to power 3 normal low power leds , each one at around 20-30ma. Compare that to what the K2 needs to run at full capacity of 1500ma. Even though a K2 will still be pretty bright at lower currents you might as well have used a 3w led instead.

If you guys really want to be using these boards you really should learn some basic electronics. In effect your hacking the boards and with some simple additional components its possible to use whatever batteries you want, run whatever led you want and still have the hasbro board operate safely. Unfortunately that means you have to actually learn something and it doesnt get handed to you on a plate.
    Phil Higgins

Bantha, I also have used that particular sound board, and it is safe to run it off 6v(mine works anyway) and the green and white wire are actually a shut off switch connection, when you force the blade back into the hilt it will automatically shut off, thats what those wires are for.

the only problem with that board is as was previously mentioned, running your green K2 off the LED leads. I dont have a meter so I havent checked the output on the leads so i just run my LED in parallel to my soundboard. meaning i use 2 switches. which to me is kind of helpful because the repetitive noise of the Hasbro board gets annoying fast.

Thanks pockets and neophyl. I figured just using one switch wouldn't work out well with the K2, but I just thought I'd ask. I'll probably just run my K2 directly from the battery for a while and add on the board with a different switch later on.

The "darkside" colors of the K2 LED are looking for 700ma, so those would be ok.

Neophyl is correct however about the "light side" colors. Those require 1500ma. Well... IDEALLY they do.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I didn't realize the different colors of K2 had so much of a difference (I did read the thing at the bottom of the resistor chart page, but I didn't think it'd be an 800ma difference).... good to know