Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Sound Board

Default Hasbro Sound Board

Does the hasbro sound board shut itself off if left still or unattended for awhile?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, it has about a one minute shut-off after no activity to save batteries. The MRs have it too.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Does the Count Dooku lightsaber ($20 version) have the same hasbro sound module that used to be sold here? I can't find the generic Sith sabers and am wondering if the Count Dooku sound module will work instead. Thanks.

My silence is my honor,
    My honor is my guard,
    My guard is to protect my master,
    The supreme ruler of the Empire.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Posted by Gelu on the first page of the sound thread:

I posted something like this last night, but it didn't go through, so here we go again. I have about 35 Hasbros - I don't think I am missing any model. The boards are different from generation to generation and have gotten better over time.

Old (1995) Luke - crappy sound, motion, flash on clash. The clash sensor is ridiculously large - NOT a good board for custom hilts
    Anakin AOTC - crappy sound, no motion, flash
    Anakin ROTS - great sound, no motion, no flash, color change(2 switcheable outputs, but the switch is board mounted and a hell to install, so the switcheable outputs "feature" is virtually useless. Still, a good board for customs
    Yoda training - crappy all the way - yoda talk switch, low volume, crappy sound, flash, no motion, break really fast
    Obi ROTS - great sound, no motion, flash on clash, but also the motor output - good to use with Corbin's C&L feature
    Obi AOTC - the old models and the new, repackaged 8 dollar ones - I found them to be the same. Crappy sound, no motion, but NO FLASH on clash.
    Old Vader ROTJ - The best board in my opinion - great sounds, motion sensor, no flash on clash. Almost impossible to find, except packaged with the helmet at $50
    Windu/Dooku/QGonn/generic - all use the same board - great sound, motion sensor, but they all have that stupid flashing on clash.
    Stay away from the "build-your-own". My son broke 2 in one week. He's yet to break any of the other ones, so it's not him. They just up and quit.

I hope this helps

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Is it possible to power a Luexon LED and Hasbro Sound Board off of 2 C batteries instead of the four AAA Batteries and get good performane? My new hilt has trouble fitting the 4 AAA's battery holder.

And one last question has anyone tried to trim down the outside of the Hasbro speaker (plastic edge) and see if it still works and sounds fine?

Thanks!

My silence is my honor,
    My honor is my guard,
    My guard is to protect my master,
    The supreme ruler of the Empire.

Yes...

Some pics...

This thread may help too...
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=621

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ

And one last question has anyone tried to trim down the outside of the Hasbro speaker (plastic edge) and see if it still works and sounds fine
    [/quote]

that what i do with mine. i put them in heiland and graflex handles. and you have to sand them off just a lil bit. no hurt in performance. just be careful sanding the edge down. a lil at a time, recheck fit. so on and so forth....

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

BTW...

There's a red wire that runs down the side of the speaker. It's covered by black glue. Be sure NOT to sand this spot too much. It will cut the wire and render the speaker useless.

You can see this wire in my pics rinning into the center of the speaker.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Nynthu

Is it possible to power a Luexon LED and Hasbro Sound Board off of 2 C batteries instead of the four AAA Batteries and get good performane? My new hilt has trouble fitting the 4 AAA's battery holder.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Only a red one. Well, red, orange and red-orange. Only those have a volage need bellow 3 Volts. If you got with any other color you will need 3 or more round batteries - 4.5 volts and up.

Here is an example:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...D200%26fvi%3D1

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

[quote]Originally posted by Nynthu

If you switch to a 1 watt luxeon you can add a micropuck led driver to the output of the hasbro sound board and run any color led just fine on 3 volts. See this thread for my diagram:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...sp?TOPIC_ID=90

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...