Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Saw Clone Wars Opening Day.

Second on Zero as worst character ever. Also worst movie/animated project. I didn't walk out, because I paid for it and I was determined to see it all, I own all the rest, but this will not be going on the shelf.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Default 3 out of 5 stars

Hi all.
    I saw it yesterday. I admit, I wasn't expecting much, but overall, it was better than I thought it would be (except for Zero). I wish they had made Zero less flamboyant. He reminded me of a Hutt version of Richard Simmons. Oh well.

I felt Ashoka was a decent character. The whole "Skyguy" and "Snips" thing got old, but whatever. The holo-medical droid reminded me of Star Trek a little, but that's OK.

Overall, I liked it... but felt it would have been better suited as a 3 part TV series and/or a DVD bonus with the upcoming Force Unleashed game.

Corbin

Just saw this yesterday. I have to say, as others have said, that this film did exceed my expectations. The voice acting was actually pretty good, especially compared to the prequel films

However, the movie paled in comparison to the "novelization" done by Karen Traviss. I thought her take on the plot was much better executed, and ranks among the top 20 Star Wars books that I've read, which is actually saying something. Therefore, I have to recommend the book over the movie.

In regards to all this commenting about how the Clone Wars movie is not suitable as a movie....there's a reason for that. It really SHOULDN'T be a movie because this is in actuality essentially the pilot for the Clone Wars tv series which will be airing on Spike. Essentially Lucas saw the way the tv series was progressing, liked what he saw and said, hey, let's take the first episode or two and throw it in theaters as a "movie".

So I went in with the expectation that I was going to watch essentially an episode or two of the tv series, not the expectation that I was going to see some full new chapter of Star Wars. As a movie, the Clone Wars is really not very good at all. But if you look at it the way it's supposed to be, as in a portion of a tv series, then it's actually alright and pretty decent. Aside from the skyguy preppy-teen-in-a-starwars-flick and the stereotypical rampantly gay hutt, the Clone Wars retained what I liked about the Genndy Tartakovsky cartoon network version. I don't understand the crazy hate for the new Clone Wars. While it certainly wasn't ZOMG AWESOME FULL-OF-WIN-AND-GOLD it also certainly wasn't MASSIVE FAIL. It was pretty average. And again, this is the opening to a tv series guys, not a stand alone movie.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Quote Originally Posted by gundamaniac View Post
    ...the Clone Wars tv series which will be airing on Spike.
    Cartoon Network, actually. With reruns on TNT.

There's a rumor going about that the reason for CW's theater premiere was that Cartoon Network wanted a theater release to help promote the series.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.