Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultrasound V2 video

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by CybKnight View Post
    No, Ultrasound makes them, Yoda helped in the development.
    I think he's referring to the chassis system in the Graflex. That's what Yoda of FX-sabers makes. I hope that wasn't just charity on his part to make one. I don't make a whole saber just to check a parts functions...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Very nice work.

While I still want a CF for my personal saber, I'd be happy to get these for any gift sabers I have in mind.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    I wish we could actually input into that though. :/ While it's much improved I think some things are still weird.

Like the purpose of making the motion based blaster effect and two-second hold off was to avoid the accidental presses as an issue. So in the revision... they add a press to lock-up? So now you can accidentally make it lock-up??? That's an odd trade-off.

Personally I'd forget the two-second off and make a hold the lock-up (like a CF). It's just more logical that you hold it and that a tap is on/off.
    Agreed, X... you're absolutely right--it's true that it probably would have been a LOT "more user-friendly" to go with:

* Power on = tap twice? (maybe just once?)
    * Power off = tap twice? (maybe just once?)
    * Lockup = HOLD button for a few secs
    * Blaster = HOLD button + quick motion of saber... voila.

Also, it appears that the "anti-power off" is something like 3 seconds. I have to be honest--that would be irritating to me, as you CANNOT shut your saber off at a moment's notice without constantly thinking three seconds ahead to shut it down. It would ESPECIALLY not work for live performances. Although... who needs/uses a sound saber for live shows? Only me I guess, lol

BUT ALL THAT BEING SAID... at least the v2 US board DOES have marketable improvements... and HOPEFULLY it means it will come in stock for some of these folks who need it!

Finally, I think that was a GOOD idea to do the calibration settings... although it DOES somewhat "clutter" things up in the menu.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I have to admit the 2.0 is better looking than the 1.1, the lockup is a bit of a pain I got to admit, but the idea of how much the saber flickers, sensitivity etc. is a good idea.

one downside, my wife saw the vid, all I got was "I want one" bloody women! lol

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

Definitely a nice piece of work - beats the pants off any MR board, hands down. I never did like the thought of all the jerry-rigging involved in trying to get a Joe Jedi board in a saber.
    "In the battle with one's self, there can be no winner, for the victor and vanquished are one and the same"

-Me

Good demo. If the price is similar to the V1 then it will be a good 'middle of the road' sound option. I like it but I still prefer buttered toast
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Right. I think comparing CF to US is silly and quite apples to oranges.

Much like comparing a Hyperblade to a "Luxeon style" saber. It's just hard to get everything all "aligned". I might as well compare some eco-vehicle to owning a testarossa. They both have entirely different intentions AND costs.

Personally I say... bravo that the US v2 is a marketable improvement, albeit still not "perfect".
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Barmic had the right idea, CF for his personal saber and US as a nice option for other projects. Hopefully with these new sound options Hasbro toys wont ever need to be used again lol.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Question

Definitely seems interesting, but the momentary switch requirement is a bit of a sticky wicket for me. I have a DPDT latching switch connected to a sliding card on top of an activation box on my saber. Has anyone ever figured out a way to make a momentary switch work in a sliding activation box?
    Last edited by DizzyKungFu; 08-17-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

I think its a far better improvement for 2.0. All the options are a little cluttersom but, still not as many as a CF, and some are turned off by all the options. me, I like then. Like it has been said, it's a bridging gap between the MR and CF. I'm definatlly getting 2 for sure, one for my Overlord and one extra, maybe several. lol Hopefully soon we'll be able to do some pre-orders.

BLUE 3- Ready