Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Ultrasound V2 video

Quote Originally Posted by bubbalew View Post
    Yup, that's the one.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

For those interested... midnight appears to be the pre-order time.

Myself... I have WAAAAAY too many sabers to even THINK about something like this. And oy-gavalt, my pocketbook, it's like a driedel gone wrong or some kind of schlemiel with an empty schmuck!!!

Although it's mighty tempting...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I have to get one of these! I have whated like a year or close to a year!

Omigosh! $120?!?!? No speaker included??! And... dang, then there is plus shipping...

Ouch.

Well... I don't know what to say to that. I guess I'm glad I got seven of the MR-616s for like $200.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

Sure $120 is a certain amount of money (plus shipping, speaker, etc.) but honestly, I find this quite affordable for what it offers.

CF is a dream, a fine piece of work but it has 2 main faults, its price (largely superior to the US 2.0, even if it is totally correct, given the time and work Erv spend on it) and its availability.
    On my opinion, price has never been a problem regarding the CF, but availability is one.

The US 2.0 offers less more flexibility, but it fits perfectly in its range : between the CF and MR sound boards. It fits not only in terms of price but also in terms of functionnality (given what I've seen on videos). Plus it's gonna be more of a standard/factory-made soundboard

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Omigosh! $120?!?!? No speaker included??! And... dang, then there is plus shipping...

Ouch.

Well... I don't know what to say to that. I guess I'm glad I got seven of the MR-616s for like $200.
    given what erv has said about the potential cost of having his board mass manufactured I'm not all that surprised by the US board's price, and with the ever declining buying power of my dollars I'm happy that there's a cheaper option.

at current the CF costs €115 which at this moment translates to $162.76 plus international shipping rates gets you something around $180

even with adding shipping and a speaker and not buying via the presale, the US is going to end up costing around $135 max, with the presale it's more like $115 or less, $45 isn't a huge difference, to me, but I could see where for some people it could be the difference between a saber with sound or without and with the pre-sale there's $65 difference, over 30% will make me pay attention.

Also I have to say that while I like a lot of the features that the CF offers over the US I'll probably never use more than half of them, at which point saving 40 bucks looks like a good deal to me and 60+ seems worthwhile.

Fair enough, although the fact that the Euro has gained on the dollar (or the dollar has been losing ground to the Euro)... is no one's fault.

But I absolutely agree... which is probably why I bought a bunch of the 616s a while ago. Price. Can't beat $30 each.

Also, it's a bummer if someone were to buy CF and *not* use all of its features. What a waste of such fun stuff! It'd be like... never using 5th or 6th gear on a sport car that actually had those gears... heheh

On top of that ($/€ comparison... although I'm french, so indeed, buying stuff in dollar with euro is quite interesting for me), even if the listing price is not that big between US 2.0 and CF... the low availability of the CF makes it become a lot more expensive.

I managed to get a CF 3.0 after 4 months of search... but have been obliged to pay it $280. I didn't know of the US 2.0 progress/availability, otherwise I may have waited a bit longer (not for the price problem, but CF 3.0 is quite bigger... and may result in having my hilt "unvoluntarily extended" because of space problem)

I've waited a long time for the US v2. I wondered, and waited. Then, I saw the demo video, and my jaw hit the floor. I saw everything I wanted in a saber sound board.

Novastar has a really good point. Why buy something you won't use to it's full potential? I've thought a lot about buying a CF, but I don't think I'd use all its features, I just don't need them. In the end (and in no way any offense intended to Erv), I'd just be wasting my money on something I'd only be using half of. And I think that would upset Erv.

Now, I'm not trying to put down Erv's baby. I held a CF powered saber (waves at Novastar) and it was pretty impressive.

Like all my comments on saber sound boards, I'll say this: No sound board is neccessarily as good as the other, or worse, for that matter. Worth lies in the individual, and thus cannot be judged by anyone else but them.

The US v2 looked like what I'm currently looking for, so, I bought one. Who knows, after I build my saber and have countless hours of fun, maybe the US v2 will make me think about something else.

Maverick