Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: *Attention Machinists!!!*

Default hilt

It would be interesting to find out how many ladies would appreciate the anatomical design characteristics of such a manly hilt. Joking aside, I can see how it is very mace windu style inspired. I can almost envision a power level indicator near those gold buttons.

With loreen I agree....for once.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I think it a good concept drawing, and like all concepts ,a few things would have to be changed for it to be practical to machine, but it could be done. it would be a lot of custom work = big $$$ .I think Xwing is on the right path for its construction.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Why didn't you use English? Not everyone here is such a geek that they have Aurabesh memorized.

Probably because it looks cool for the graphic.

and some of us do have aurabesh memorized.

Blade Length Adjust, Blade power adjust are the two gold knobs,
    the silver knob is the belt clip, the red switch is the activation plate.

My name is Arkai, and i'm a geek that can read Aurabesh

With the right equipment that saber can be made exactly as is.But thats not exactly the kind of job that somebody can do with just a bench lathe in the garage kind of job you need to save up and take that to somebody with a cnc machine and get it done right with no compromises.Just get ready for a shocker when you hear the price though

LOL, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who saw the um...overtones of this saber design. That said and all joking aside. This is one of best friends who wants this done. I told him to post this here just to see if anyone had any ideas we hadn't already thought of to make this a reality. I'm pretty sure he is gonna change the emitter to lose a little of the manliness of this design, but still retain most of the original design.

I had already mentioned maybe doing a custom emitter and pommel with the black grip section being a custom milled MHS hilt with multiple layered sinktube overlays. I think that's the direction we'll head in first.

I just wanted him to get some ideas before we start contacting machinists one on one.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

THis is going to sound crazy, and I think I've only realised it because I had a similar idea a while ago, but the hilt looks like it was vaguely inspired by the handle of a Gilette Mach 3. Looks great, and you can say it's the best a Jedi can get.

What I'd suggest for the pommel (if you are thinking about changing it) is having about half an inch around raised up (like on the emitter end but straight around instead of curved) then have it come back down to normal size for a rounded pommel end.

you might get "The Talk" if yer mom finds this in your nightstand drawer.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It'll probably be a stranger talk, being a guy, than if you were a girl.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!