Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: *Attention Machinists!!!*

Lightbulb *Attention Machinists!!!*

So here it is... my saber. I'm really interested in what you all think is possible based off of what is available on the site and what has to be made custom. I'm open to any interpretation on this and am willing to do whatever to make this a reality.

I don't expect this to be cheap, but I am looking to make this. Please reply with your advice or PM me with ideas. Feel free to contact me via email as well.

Last edited by TheHalcylon; 08-11-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Updated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHalcylon View Post
    So here it is... my saber. I'm really interested in what you all think is possible based off of what is available on the site and what has to be made custom. I'm open to any interpretation on this and am willing to do whatever to make this a reality.

I don't expect this to be cheap, but I am looking to make this. Please reply with your advice or PM me with ideas. Feel free to contact me via email as well.

(I*&)(* man that looks well interesting...yeah sorry laughing at something the Mrs just said about it but we'll ignore that. But yeah I don't know where to start but it looks pretty damn Sweet!
    ...YUP!

That's a very intricate design you have there, and it should look really good if you get it done. BTW, did you know these forums are attached to store owned by a machinist?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    That's a very intricate design you have there, and it should look really good if you get it done. BTW, did you know these forums are attached to store owned by a machinist?
    Yes, I just assumed there'd be some outside influences...

that's a cool saber, but you might want to change the pommel...unless you are going for that....um...ah..."manly look"

Hardy har har... Yeah... I saw that after I posted it. I may square off the base pomel and go for a more traditional emitter.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The angles in the main metal are really going to make it a pain. If you change the angles to 90 degrees it's much more doable. It'd then be a lot of layering of outer tubes.

I hope I can describe this because I don't have the time to illustrate it now.

1) a main tube
    2) Inner black grips will slide in main tube and be exposed. I would secure this with set screws hidden under shrouds
    3) Main shroud closer to emitter
    4) Secondary shrouds I see as pommel caps
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Why didn't you use English? Not everyone here is such a geek that they have Aurabesh memorized.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

very nice design, this will be a very nice saber when done. Have you been talking with Tim to see what's possible outta his shop?

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

i think it could be done through the custom saber shop,but your going to need some custom parts done by either Tim or an outside custom parts maker,then you can probly get it pretty close with some MHS parts