Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What a crock of CHIP! :)

Default What a crock of CHIP! :)

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...deo_116833.asp

This has got to be one of the most STUPID videos on making a *NON-WORKING* prop I've ever seen.

It's WAY too much work, showing tools that most closet geeks (or KIDS) will simply not have sitting in their garage/apartment...

...and gee, does anyone think my video HERE makes it a LOT simpler + WAAAAAY cooler?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sn9qlwvtIGk

I dunno. I guess I'm just biased. lol. Or wait... no--my way is just a lot more intelligent. hahahahahahhaa
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I must agree with you, Nova....most people don't have the tools he's using, and really, he could have easily Lux'ed it up with the 1.25" blade holder sold here.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Yeah, it seems to me in this day and age... to go to THAT much trouble over a sinktube... you might as well put SOME kind of light in it. Especially if you're going to go all "crazy nerd" and make a video about it, complete with costumes and all of that.

This reminds me in a way of when I worked with Neha over at Revision3 in S.F. ... but she actually did it better in my opinion. She at least put some light in there.

Myself, I can at least say that the hilt shown in that video looks nicer than what I showed with my LED one... but... it's not as if I showed all the simple things you could do with it. I left it pretty much as is.

Finally, it could also be said that... uh-oh, people would have to learn to solder and wire stuff up. So that's a good point. Still seems easier to me than getting a vice, taking tons of measurements, using all sorts of glue and buying all sorts of extras... all for a non-lit saber.

The video was pretty long for what it showed too.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I have had a few people on youtube ask me if I can do a replica saber, and having seen that video, I could probably do a reasonable facsimile of obi-wan's Ep. I saber and install light and sound in it. Something to add to the to-do list!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I just saw my commment got deleted....HMMMMM I think some youngling I know who is staying at our apt got his little hands on my computer...for an 8 yrs old he's a pain but what can ya do.
    ...YUP!

I say yeah LED it up if you took the time to do a custom like that

and yes NOVA I did try out your little LED thingy and wow hehehe fun stuff. The radio shack guy had a field day didn't understand why i didn't get a resistor...
    ...YUP!

and might i add i've never heard the terms "a crock of CHIP"
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I'm tempted to post a comment directing them to my videos, then post a link to TCSS.

Think I should?

By the way, that looks vaguely like the Obi inspired hilt that I'm planning out. Mine will look 100 times better than that. Just waiting for parts.
    Last edited by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie; 08-11-2008 at 07:08 PM.

those guys are not as cool as they think they are...
    plus all that work to get a saber that doesn't work AND lots of people have already used in there fan films. Not for me.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

All the people with their glowing comments about that lame video are not smart and don't know about forums like this apparently. And haven't any of those people heard of the Big Yellow Box before?

And that was a crappy Jedi outfit, not sweet.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!