Thread: My first lightspear

Default My first lightspear

Well here's the first design for a lightspear. I used some industrial heatshrink with some o-rings underneath to provide some grip areas and a little more style. Shaft is a 1-1/8" hardwood dowel. It measures just over 6 feet in length including a 20" blade. The top can break apart from the shaft to give a walking staff and a shortsword about the length of a wakazashi. This is done simply by removing a thumbscrew. I have a chrome end cap to cap off the saber. It houses a white K2 LED and just has a yellow Lee filter on it. Saber end is a sinktube hilt with the 1-1/4"bladeholder. I also put a rubber tip on the butt end so it's good for use as a walking staff as well. All pics are under direct overhead lighting.

All together

Separated

A little closer for detail

And lit
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Thats insainly long! but cool!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I really like this spear. It has the practicality of being a walking stick as well as the coolness of having the lightsabre attached onto it.

I'd love to take this camping for a night hike.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Crazy awesome. You've certainly got yourself a one-of-a-kind lightsaber...er...spear...there.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Want Want Want!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Yeah, i like it too. Made for a customer, but now I'm thinking i need one too... Just took my others to the 10,000 Lakes music festival in Minnesota and yeah, they work great for lighting a dark path back to your campsite, but i always hate to use my saber as a walking stick!

And yeah, it's a bit long, but double Mauls are longer
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

I have been considering a light spear my self. I really like the use of the industrial shrink wrap. Well done.