Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Star wars 1-6, ep1-ep6, TPM - ROTJ ect ect ect to be converted to 3D!

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

dude, the Ewoks were like freaking Ninjas... man they would roll out of the forest and break a fools neck without thinking twice about it. Plus they had the foresight to tie two huge logs across from each other in a manner that they would swing together perfectly and crush an AT-ST in its stupid face. Creatures with that kind of foresight and planning deserve some respect, I mean do you know how hard it is for an Ewok to chop down a tree and get enough of its boys over to pull a log high up into another tree using a rope made of vines? Holy carp, dont get me started. I mean, that takes some serious work. You gotta get like, a whole family of 'Woks out there to pull those heavy logs into the tree. Then it takes a considerable amount of mathematics and measuring to get the two logs to line up perfectly so that they can crush an AT-ST in the between them. Plus the crackerjack timing it takes to perfectly coordinate both logs swinging at the right time when the AT-ST is in the perfect spot to get crushed. Not to mention those two poor 'Woks that had to sit in the tree THE WHOLE BATTLE just waiting for the AT-ST to walk right inbetween their two trees so they could cut the ropes and crush it. I mean, they wanted to get in on that battle, but no, they steadfastly sat in that tree waiting, just waiting, Ninja-like for something to crush, and there was no guarantee that the AT-ST would even go between those two trees. That takes dedication, and skill, and true belief in the cause of freedom. You gotta give the 'Woks some respect yo, if not for that little tidbit. I mean hell, they also had gliders and sh*t. The empire didnt bring any aircraft to the fight, but the 'Woks did. Score 1 for the 'Woks I say. I mean they are flyin around droppin rocks on fools. Death from above! They also had catapults and arrows. Hell they were smart enough to grab the Storm Troopers own weapons and start using them. The 'Woks are some badass resourceful little creatures. They made do with what they had, and they have big furry Ewok hearts man. I say they deserve some serious props.

DDD

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was already a good movie made about the Tuskeegee airmen?!? Doesn't sound like an original idea to me. On top of it already being done, I don't know if I'm speakin just for myself, but personally I'm DONE with anything WWII. It's been done to death!! I'm in no way bashing WWII or the atrocities that were committed during that time, I'm not even bashing any of the movies, books, games, etc that have been made on the subject. In fact some of my favorite movies and games are about that time period. But seriously...how many WWII movies do we need, how many WWII games do we need??? I mean even Indy involves WWII to some extent, so Lucas has already done it!

Sorry to derail this thread even further, but it's just how I feel.

Let's see NEW and FRESH ideas outta Lucas, not more rehashes of things that have already been done by others and himself.

//rerail//
    true true true...but think of this nothing is really truely original today because in some way shape or form it's based off of something that is already out there. Another way to look at it is if someone did create something original plot wise someone out there will try to compare it to something else already out and they'll say this is where he got his influence. But yes I agree with you Leximus that we need to see something original but what can you do if it sells it sell and we all know what Lucas has sells very well.
    ...YUP!

I'm with you on the fact that everythings been done, but there are always new and exciting ways to do the same old idea. I don't know if that's true with WWII movies seeing as there are hundreds if not thousands of them I would imagine everything has been done in just about every way possible. You don't even have to do something "New" persay(sp?) he could bring something from the fringe to limelight. Like what's bein done with alot of the graphic novel adaptations and stuff like that. Anyway I'm sure his tuskeegee movie will do fantastic in theaters, but I won't be handing over any of my hard earned money to see it.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El Rah View Post
    ...isn't this another way for Lucas to just keep making more money.
    Do

we

care?
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

Default dollars

If I had 5 dollars for every dollar Lucas made......

If George wants to make more money off me, he can release the entire saga on BLURAY!!

If he wants to eek even more money out of me he can release the original trilogy without the later added cgi & extra scenes. Especially ROTJ, that re-done musical number in Jabbas palace...and the weird new song at the end still bug me to this day.(thank the maker I still have the originals on VHS)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    Obviously there is no right or wrong answer out there it's all just peoples opinions...

Personally IMO I would like Lucas to stop wasting energy on the ridiculous merchandising and put more attention into giving the fans of his work more quality stuff. Like maybe a movie that has NOTHING to do with Star Wars or Indy! I know it's a stretch, but hey one can dream.
    Stop wasting energy on ridiculous merchandising you say?

Well think about the fact that you wont have the ability to buy movie replicas anymore, to buy action figures, replica lightsabers, etc.

edit- oh and by the way. Stop this petty arguing, and get back to the main topic please.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

What was the main topic again...oh right.

I'm not that exited about the animated show, but I'll take a look.
    The live action show on the other hand has me Sithing my paints. It could be good, I'm talking new Battlestar Galactica good.
    And the OT in 3D (say it out loud, it's fun!) I might just get in line now.

I don't question it at all. I'm just saying that we really don't care, do we? As long as we get thrown a bone, we don't care why it's there; we'll still chew it.

We're sheep.

Er... sheep/dog hybrids.
    Last edited by Nightwing; 08-13-2008 at 10:19 PM.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.