Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My hardware sabers

Default My hardware sabers

None of these hold a blade, but the short may as soon as there are more 1.25" Sink tube LED/Blade holders in stock. I may even change the emitter on the long black one to accommodate the same. Enjoy

I made them to go with Halloween costumes I made for my girlfriend and my self, but sadly we didn't get to wear them out. Good news is no one saw the costumes, so we can use them this year.

Nice, nice, nice... Congratulations, they look awesome!

thanks. I built them about a year and a half ago. I wasn't sure if non-lighting sabers would be popular or not. Thank again

Nice job...! Where did you get the knobs for the wooden saber from?? Those look like something I could use in an upcoming project.

the "wooden saber" is actually copper. as for the knobs, they are just little aluminum things that don't do anything. I got a bunch a a flea market for 50cents. I have no Idea what the were originally intended for.

Oh hey those are really nice! I admire ingenuity, and it appears you're loaded with it. Those are very original as well. I hope they light up by the time Holloween comes around.

Again, very nice

Maverick

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Those look great! They are very original
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Very nice! I like the short black hilt. Am I right in assuming it's meant to emulate the Palpatine saber? It's very very cool looking =)

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

wasn't my intention,it was really meant to be a one handed version of the other black hilt, but because I used a vintage Bakelite knob for the emitter on the first one I was unable to duplicate 100%. The emitter was actually inspired by a Kitt Fisto or Adi Galia saber. It is just made fro a short section of 1 1/4 in sink tube and slip joint washers with lots of brass colored spray paint.

Ah. Well, nice job on the one-handed, it's still my fave of the bunch. I've got a bit of a soft-spot for one-handed hilts not because of Palpatine (besides, he used his two-handed! omgwtfbbq??) but because of the rarity and the idea of having an emergency back-up saber. And your grip cut-out aort of reminded me of what I tried on my own one-handed "pocket" saber:

Kudos on your hardware sabers, the two black hilts look nice and menacing =)

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!