Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeder bike blinker?

I have a really good idea of what he's thinking about doing, but I'll keep my mouth shut so not to ruin anything. If it's what I'm thinking it is, you are the man to do it methinks.

I'll wait and see
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

aww dang it, now I have to deliver something schweet It's just an idea, so I can't guarantee it's gonna look sick or rad or whatever you kids are saying these days... it'll be another "junk saber" out of parts that I already have.

I was just getting an idea of what would look "appropriate" on, say, a "throttle assembly and handlebar tube from a junked speeder bike..." It's not a new idea - far from it - but I've always liked that concept. With hardly any reference material, it really opens up the imagination...

Default motorcycle

well there are a lot of "motorcycle" inspired ideas in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    I was just getting an idea of what would look "appropriate" on, say, a "throttle assembly and handlebar tube from a junked speeder bike..." It's not a new idea - far from it - but I've always liked that concept. With hardly any reference material, it really opens up the imagination...

*gets it*

Oh, snap, son!

Hmmmmm...

All I can say is...unless I'm totally wrong...Anyone who's read this thread and knows that your speeder-bike question relates to hilt building and stiiiiill doesn't get it....needs to read the thread again. Haha.

But seriously, good luck with this! We will be requiring pictures! Many many pictures. Because this should be wicked awesome.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Ooooooooo Read I, Jedi. And you'll get it. Eastern I hope it works out for you!!!
    Hmmmmmmmm Pie.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah it's one of my favorite books. So for those of you still wondering wtf's going on here - in I, Jedi, Corran Horn makes a lightsaber hilt out of speeder bike parts - that's what I was hinting at.

As far as the "speeder bike", the book doesn't specify what type/make/model. So I could very well just throw a bike grip on a tube and call it good - how's about that, eh? But I wont

The majority of available pictures are of the Aratech 74-z (ROTJ). But there's numerous variations of the handlebars. I particularly like the two that I've attached. I think that's where I'll start. Outside of that, I have really no idea what else I'll do with it.

Attached Images Attached Images

I was reading the information on Corran Horn on wookieepedia and it said that the majority of the saber was constructed from the handlebar so there is a few things you can add such as length. and other type stuff.
    Hmmmmmmmm Pie.

Yayyyy! This should be a fun lightsaber. The majority was constructed from the handlebar, so I think, as Roshen said, you can add length. You could also put some cutouts into the handlebar or use some other speeder-bike-looking parts to achieve the added length. Seriously, this is going to be a cool build.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!