Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First EL Blade

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ELSABER

does the "9 volt to 18 volt" adapter really make that much of a difference in the brightness of the blade?? if somebody knows, id appreciate any input[]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you are looking to go from 9 to 18 volts you will see a huge difference. I run my youngest daughters purple saber at 18 volts and it makes a heck of a difference.
    12 volts is preferred method because it is supposed to be the sweet spot for the inverter. I run my EL hilt at 12 volts and am very happy with that setup. I have an aqua and lime green blades so they are on the bright side to begin with.
    Is your inverter 2khz? bumping up to 4 khz will help big time as well. A 4khz inverter driven at 12 or 18 volts will impress you that for sure.

<center></center>

jst use the kits tht tim sells and use the assembly FAQ, thats how mine was made, and you can get most of the non included items at maplins if u guys hav that in da USA
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"