Ok... Got my first EL blade built and finished yesterday. I had a (assumed now) weak 9v battery and in my bright work area, I couldnt even tell if it was one. Got a new 9v battery today and big difference. Not as bright as my MR sabers, but it will work. I want to convert it to 12v I think for some of the issues I will list below. I do have some comments though and want your input on them.

First, the polyethylene tube rattles inside the polycarbonate tube. This is driving me crazy. How do you EL guys deal with this? If you strike anything, it rattles the entire saber.

Second, is there a real difference in the brightness of the 8AAs and the 9v? Logic tells me yes, there should be. I really really want to make this conversion, because...

Third, a 38" blade is WAY to long... Coupled with the rattling, I the balance of the saber is WAY off and very top heavy. I want to do the 8AAs to add a counterweight (and possibly increase the brightness).

Other than those issues, my saber went together perfect, Im very pleased, although I cant wait to get my LED kit in now and compare the brightness levels.

LanceM

"You'll find Im full of surprises"