Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FYI On TCSS EL Blades and Parks Sabers

Default FYI On TCSS EL Blades and Parks Sabers

I just bought a new EL Blade for my Parks Saber from TCSS. I've gotta say it's a well made blade.

But for people's info:

1) It doesn't seem to work very well in my old M2 Parks Saber. I don't know if it's the week inverter or the stereo plug. But it's about half the brightness of my stock blade.

2) Parks Blue Does Not equate to TCSS Aqua. So I don't know if there is an equivalent colour since the Blue looks dark. Oh-well. Live and learn.

I haven't lost any money since I was planning on building a new EL saber anyhow and will just make it TCSS Aqua now.

But figured you folks might like the heads up.

-Blair

what blade did you buy? thick or thin?

a CYAN bin1 wold be more of an aqua color I believe.. but as the Cyan bin# goes up..the more greenish the blade color.

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    what blade did you buy? thick or thin?

a CYAN bin1 wold be more of an aqua color I believe.. but as the Cyan bin# goes up..the more greenish the blade color.

Think you got your Techs Crossed...

EL mate, not LED.

-Blair
    PS: But yes... you are correct about LED Bin#'s. I've got a whole selection here for sabre building. I do like to have choice when building a sabre.

Quote Originally Posted by blairc64 View Post
    1) It doesn't seem to work very well in my old M2 Parks Saber. I don't know if it's the week inverter or the stereo plug. But it's about half the brightness of my stock blade.
    I've had my wife compare the new TCSS blade with my old one. She pointed out that maybe it is working fine and all. But the Colour just isn't as bright as the original.

I guess that could be the issue.

Though that just re-enforces the fact that I love the original colour and definitely need to find a like for like replacement. Even if it comes from Parks with the little Warning label.

-Blair

ahh...oops..youre right.. I knwo jack about El really..and forgot they are plug-in play type blades.. (where as LED are just empty tubes)...(sorry) LOL

I got hung up on your brightness comment..LOL and just ran with maybe the thickness isnt the same.. (DUH) LOL

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Hmm.. do you have pics? I have never heard of our blades not being as bright as a Parks stock blade...its usually the other way around. All of the pics on Parks site look aqua to me.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Hmm.. do you have pics? I have never heard of our blades not being as bright as a Parks stock blade...its usually the other way around. All of the pics on Parks site look aqua to me.
    As I said... my wife thinks it's just that the difference in colour makes it look slightly less bright.

And I might have to agree. I'll take some pics tonight though. If anything to see if someone can help me find a "non-warning" alternitive in the same colour.

-Blair

Default Blade Compare Pics Parks Blue Verus TCSS Aqua

Below is a side by side between the stock Blue Parks EL Film blade versus TCSS Aqua blade I just got. The Stock Blue Parks is on the Left and TCSS Aqua is on the Right.

In the below Pic you can see the Stock Blue very well.

Thoughts?

-Blair

Default original

original parks looks better. Damn that hilt looks so sweet!

I know... that's why I had to grab it when it was offered to me at a discount at the London Film and Comic Con. Even with a busted and scratched blade... the hilt alone was pure ART. I love it. This is my problem though... I'd like to get a nice new blade, but must keep the colour. It's both perfect and sorta needs to match the colour of the EL Wire in the hilt.

I will have to deal with the warning label on the Parks blades I guess. Though I might try ordering a Blue TCSS blade to try first. What you you think Strydur?

It's not like having spare EL blades will go to waist around my place... It just means I can have an reason to build another saber. :P

-Blair
    UK Sabre Smith