Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lightsaber dueling in them there movies

Yeah, I think that the fights in Eps II and III really went downhill. They just got more and more cartoony, ignoring obvious errors. Too much spinning and not enough brains.
    Seemed like TPM was a little less flash and more substance in that regard.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

A balance of flash and spins + "more realistic" moves is really what good staged combat is all about to me.

Even in Jackie Chan movies, Jackie tries to choreograph "mass" fights where EVERYONE is doing SOMEthing--not waiting around for "their turn".

Perhaps it's just because staged combat is a part of what I do, but I certainly appreciate Jackie's style (and I don't even mean his awesome tricks, stunts, and talent) with "keeping things moving".

Basically, I think the Palp vs. "4 jedi" was fine once it got to Sam & Ian (although it was just... "OK"... nothing wildly amazing)... but the initial kills were absolutely stupid and ridiculous. There should have been MUCH more interesting things going on, with Palpy evading an attack from jedi X whilst killing jedi Y, while maybe briefly getting time to zap Mace backward... or SOMEthing.

I mean, while we're sort of focusing on this fight... compare it to Chris Lee against Ewan & Hayden in EP II... AND EP III there was MUCH more creativity and attention to "everyone being busy in action".

Whatever. I hate to get on the soapbox for this sort of thing but... it always bugs me when it's the PROFESSIONALS doing this. I know that there is MUCH more to think about in the films than just a fight or two, but... STILL. Pros get paid BUCKS. So... no FRIGGIN' EXCUSES!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

the jedi--No the jedi MASTERS--all standing around waiting to get killed always bothered me.
    maybe Mace should have just left them at the Temple.

they could have played cards with Anakin or something.

Quote Originally Posted by annon View Post
    the jedi--No the jedi MASTERS--all standing around waiting to get killed always bothered me.
    maybe Mace should have just left them at the Temple.

they could have played cards with Anakin or something.
    or you know... held him down while mace got the job done...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_DevilGuy View Post
    Let's not go there. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Starkiller View Post
    Let's not go there. :P
    ROFL!!! Why do you think of this stuff?

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_DevilGuy View Post
    a good old curve stompin might have been nice...but that's just a bit graphic...have you ever seen a live curve stomping, it aint pretty. Saw a chick do it to another chick once back in junior high. As i remember it was over a stupid boy not me though. I was just too nerdy. ANywho I liked that fight though i wished them jedi didn't die so quick. It left me wanting...
    ...YUP!