Thread: Luke ANH luxeon ultrasaber Question

Default Luke ANH luxeon ultrasaber Question

ok dose any one know if i can duel with it after it is converted?

i only ask because of the plastick ring around the blade at the emitter.

ultra mabey you can help me with this???

p.s.

the red button fell off and i want to super glue it back on can ultra still convert it after i glued it on????
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

well seeing as this isn't ultra's site, maybe you could ask him on FX-Sabers forums.

in answer to your question, light dueling should be ok, but I wouldn't duel full contact with a conversion other than one of tim's which are machined aluminum, even then a 3/4" thinwall isn't ideal for dueling anyway.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ultra doesn't post here... at least anymore. This is a TCSS forum. It's about using TCSS products and general DIY related to that.

Dueling is fine. You can't go all out because of the plastic, but the point of converting is the string is gone and you don't have to worry about knocking it around.

The button doesn't really effect conversion possibilities.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

okay thanks guys!

I have done that to mine with ultra conversion and I beat the heck out of mine with heavy dueling and have not had a problem or worry about the plastic breaking. I have an ultra blade(1 inch thin wall).
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

realy....

so you have the Ultra Fx?

Darth Vane, I made a mistake, I have the Anakin ROTS MRFX that I converted with the Ultra DIY kit. I did the conversion myself, took about 2.5 hours, I used the LUX III white and Ultra FO blade, anyway , yes I beat the heck outa it at an almost daily basis, it has taken more than 20,000 plus direct hits to floors, wall corners and walls as well as other blades which have not held up as well as mine.

The MRFX Anakin ANH may have a problem with reliability because of the cutout on the emitter which would weaken it.

Hope that helps

Forgot to mention that the LUX III white is not as bright as they show it on there site, so don't be disappointed, in fact all the photo's they have are over exposed.
    Last edited by Kal El Rah; 08-07-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: needed more comment
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

well damn ok then mabey i can get tim to make me a alluminum blade holder for this thing. how much would it cost to get that done? i could just use the DIY PDF ultra has on there site. and buy the electronics here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vane View Post
    well damn ok then mabey i can get tim to make me a alluminum blade holder for this thing. how much would it cost to get that done? i could just use the DIY PDF ultra has on there site. and buy the electronics here.
    A custom blade holder isn't going to be cheap...

And really, you don't need the PDF instructions to tear down the Luke ANH in the first place. It tears down almost Identiaclly to the Anakin ROTS, with the exception of the clamp.
    Last edited by Darth Morbius; 10-29-2008 at 12:18 PM.

So how much do you think it would cost me? and plus i have never performed a conversion before so i have no idea what to do. dose any one have any tips on how to get the red button off now that it is expoxeyd in there?