Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: the next saber

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Post
    It's for the +1 stealth advantage you cant get from a shiny saber :P
    But if it's shiny, you can reflect light into your enemie's eyes.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I thought that was what the blade was for. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Post
    I thought that was what the blade was for. o.O
    Thats for the cutting, stabbing, hacking, deflecting, and other functions that require a blade of pure energy.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Oh I see.. but the blade also deflects blaster bolts, so arn't you still shining light into their eyes? just their own...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Preston View Post
    Thats for the cutting, stabbing, hacking, deflecting, and other functions that require a blade of pure energy.
    yep the shineyness is what the jedi/sith use to show off how "cool" they are.. that is until I get to them

Anyway sand/media (don't) know what it is called; to get rid of defects in the metal.
    Hey! I'm Tayl0r The Rebel Technician!

TCCS's 0FFICAL BLASTER L0VER.

Very Nice Mcich

Your saber and mine are being made at the same time and with pretty much the exact same specs just different designs

So our sabers are brothers so to speak :P

Ohh what was that movie with the Giant Robots, OHHH I REMEMBER!

It was Titanic....

woohoo brother sabers!

and we got her media blasted because I wanted her to have a kinda worn feel to her, make her feel like she has been all over the galaxy

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

Quote Originally Posted by Mcich View Post
    woohoo brother sabers!

and we got her media blasted because I wanted her to have a kinda worn feel to her, make her feel like she has been all over the galaxy
    Certainly comes across like that, If you want a bit of extra realism to that in my opinion I would say weather the pommel a bit

Ohh what was that movie with the Giant Robots, OHHH I REMEMBER!

It was Titanic....

hey folks, update time after so long away, PHEW!

there's been a few things happening to stop the saber being built, but things are finally after so long nearing completion, thanks to JQ and Malaki for the work they have both done for me on this, well I suppose pics are in order.

just so you know we are still waiting on a power extender to complete her, but this is her in the final stages

she's running a tri-lux with a green, green, white setup, and sound is coming from a Crystal Focus 4.1, JQ has mentioned that she is a very loud saber due to a couple of holes under the MPP clamp for the wiring for the LED's, the bottom red one is the Aux switch, the blue one is the ignition switch, a custom plate was machined to hold the LED's in place securely, we couldn't figure out a good placement for the Covertec so JQ added her just between the clamp and the ribbed extension, personally I think it looks good there

anyway piccies, btw click the images for larger views

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

Woohoo!! Finally!! Looking good!!