Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: the next saber

Default the next saber

ok after playing around with Fury I have decided that she is a fantastic hilt, but we need something with a more on screen presence

I give to you, the Jedi Master version of Felwind's Fury

she will have a couple of custom parts, namely the neck piece, the pommel is gonna be a kinda oversized style 3, a more revenge of the sith looking one.

gonna try getting a CF in this bad boy, there's so many fonts out there that I want to play round with, and I think this will be my last saber I will build for myself.

after this it will be one for my wife, keep your eyes peeled for Temptress

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

Default window

Fury looks sweet. How would you cut the metal to make the little window?

Looks nice, very Obi Wan-esque... Go ahead and get it done!

ok Swear the fury in my sig has been built, thats just blade holder style 4, I loved it when I first saw it in the shop, very KOTOR I feel.

the saber is based around Obi-Wan's ROTS hilt, but a few minor changes here and there, I liked the hilt alot when I saw it in the movie and I decided since I dont want an exact replica of it I should try making one based on it.

now just to get the money together and a CF, anyone got one going spare? lol

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

Default crystal

ok thanks. Does CF mean crystal focus? I saw this one on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBLdp...eature=related

It looks awesome but I have no idea how it is made.

you should use some of the headless screws instead of one with a head with that kind of emitter but great hilt I like it
    ...YUP!

Get an mr luke ROTJ pommel and there ya go.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

A very original lightsaber (stands and stares at design with a chorus in the back of his head "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~")

Me wants to make in sketchup

Maverick

I have a Luke ROTJ right next to me, but it's my wife's, if I try and "borrow" a piece I think it's a fast track to a divorce, lol

go right ahead and render her Maverick, I would love to see what she will look like too

also Swear the CF I meant is the sound board Crystal Focus, they are next to impossible to find though
    Last edited by Mcich; 07-31-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: extra reply

Oh and of internal hilt space your only gonna have about 5" of usable workspace, so you are going to need a battery pack that will be long so it can go thru the neck section, then if your going to use a crystal focus you can still stack the board on the battery pack I do beleave. unless you sacrafice runtimes and use a stick AAA pack.

Its a good thing you are using a clamp/box that you can put the switches in, that will Help out a great bit.

But iam still skeptical that you are going to fit a rechargable pack and a CF in there.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics