Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: No more planning and this is it!

I know where to get the clamps its just I dont have tha cash.

And the choak is custom, the part in the back is old news, double female slotted with grips and rayskin.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

is the custom choke longer? or something?

Its 2.5" long with I beleave a 1.25 od slightly bigger od.

With a luke or obi style bladeholder and put the thumb and index finger in the bladeholder neck and the middelfinger over the threading portion and the other 2 fingers sit comfertably in the choak.

It is deffinatly a very comfertable grip.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I like your design. It reminds me of Dark Horse comics prequel era designs. I also like the fact that your choke isn't an obvious choke point, but more subtle - it certainly looks comfortable! Nice!

Oh I forgot to mention the ID is the same as the ribbed section so I have space that can be used

But Iam working out if I want to use my luke ROTJ MR pommel or get an MPS and not deal with the headach of getting the MR pommel attached to this other pommel I got.

The clamp... couldn't you get one made of resin? I've heard tons of good things about them from people, maybe you should give it a try.
    "The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one."-Luminara Unduli.

"Scientia postestas est". Knowledge is power.

Proto1b: Dark Gold

no, at this point Iam looking for as little work as possable.

Well folks money is dry and I don't want to make the parks clamp thingy work(sleeve spacer and whatnot) so iam going to use my luke box I got and down the road iam going to paint the box black and paint a band around the hilt so it looks like a clamp/box.

Now Iam working on my sled and test fitting things and I got my bros mps3 with grill and Iam going to punt the port in the pommel, Iam going to have a small resonance chamber cause I want the speaker set back from the pommel and port so it doesn't get crushed if whatever happens.

The sled is a piece of 6mm sintra and FOR TEST FITTING I have taped the pack and board to the sintra and things are going really well. So to find ways to attach the board and pack to the sintra, If I cant find/come up with anything I will use electrical tape. But everything right now is a snug fit so basically the only thing keeping the sled from moving around is the small amount of etape that's holding the CF to the sintra is keeping it wedged in the choke point. Just enough it wont move from shaking and not enough that I cant get it out.

Now I need to move some wires around and away from the place where the speaker will set so I got some more wiggle room but as of now if it wasn't for the box I wouldn't be able to fit any of this in the hilt. 9.5" is the max space to fit a CF and 4AA pack with room for speaker and port in pommel.

I will be using the orange led I got from BR so I need to make some room for the led Q/D and speaker placement.

So off to do this.

Ok so adding a Q/D and turning the battery pack around I will have just enought room for the speaker and a section of something to keep everything form hitting the recharge port.

Now a concern!

When my bro did this on his other mhs (port/speaker in pommel) it wasent very loud at all but then again it was an MR board so hopefully with the CF it will be 10 times louder.

I don't know about a Q/D like the ones in the store but with that Q/D between the sd card and the heat sink will give me a save zone so I am prolly going to go with it cause I just want this done. Iam tired of looking at parts and whatnot.

BTW I need a piece of timing belt 22.7 MM wide and fit over 30.5 mm OD and Mad cow doesn't sell that stuff anymore. so I don't know what Iam going to do about that.
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 09-16-2008 at 02:22 PM.

you dont have any local auto stores in yoru area to check out for the rubber (timing) belt?

or any motorcycle (Harely) dealships around.?? (Id sugest a motorcycle swap meet though..get tons for a few bucks)

Yeah but I need only a small strip