Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No more planning and this is it!

Default No more planning and this is it!

Ok so Iam getting tired of planning this and that and well Iam just gonna do it and if I don't like Iam gonna sell the thing off.

I just need to get a couple parts and one is custom and another is tough to get fast or easy to get and takes forever to arrive so where to get it from is a tough choice.

Now the saber will use either a luxIII bin 2 cyan that Ive had for ages or I will use my orange led that I got from BR, or just pony up the cash and get a luxV. Now some say luxV arnt worth it with the rebel out and all and well to be frank I don't want to send it to someone to install the tiny goober or waste the time to do it myself cause I don't want to deal with something that fricken tiny. Saber will house a CF v2.5, Battery pack will be decided when I decide what led to use.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...ysaber-1-2.jpg

Design is based on a little bit of this and that with something of old and something new, borrowed and broken.
    Now the parks clamp either I get it from parks and wait a year for it or try to source one. But putting the switches in that will be a pain so Iam gonna use 2 small momentary buttons like this in a card on the clamp.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...erstuff030.jpg

I know unoriginal, but Iam also probably gonna put a couple accent leds with the short bezel in the card as well.
    So if I get bored with it Iam gonna sell it off but I need to get this thing finish already.

Iam talking to Tim right now about a custom extension. Its basically a ribbed section cut down to 2.5" long and the ribs lathed off.

But to the end point Iam not sure if I want to use the luxIII cyan or the orange on this saber or not, I think maybe a luxV is in order but if I go that route I need a battery pack thats no longer than 4" and will provide more than 800mah. I need a battery pack that will give me 2.5 hours of run time at a minimum.

So should I stick with my 4.8V 2600mah pack and get a k2 or should I get a luxV and have to worry about getting a battery pack that has the needs I.....need. I would get the 7.2 nihm pack but thats just to big and Iam not sure if Iam gonna have that much room to spare.

Iam sure it looks like I got enough room to use just about anything but I don't want this to be cramped and a simple swing will take the wiring apart.

Now to find the right size timing belt.

Ok enought rambling for now
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 07-31-2008 at 03:27 AM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Wink

Dude......... Sweet............

Dude? Wheres My Car?

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

Get that Cyan in him dude!!
    I really love that design Sid!

Use the Amber in your light axe!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Well Iam thinking since I got a CF I might as well as weigh in all my led options.

Iam thinking either a k2 if I cant fit a larger battery pack and if I can a luxV but if Iam gonna go with a k2 I might as well get a colored p4 like the blue.

But the axe is on an indefinite hold as the pvc tubing I got isn't going to be large enough.

I'm going for an Li-Ion pack and a lux V for my CF I think, the LI-Ion pack from the store isn't very big but has plenty of voltage for a Lux V.

Yes but I need runtimes, almost an hour isent gonna cut it with the one in the store and I already have a nimh charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    Well Iam thinking since I got a CF I might as well as weigh in all my led options.

Iam thinking either a k2 if I cant fit a larger battery pack and if I can a luxV but if Iam gonna go with a k2 I might as well get a colored p4 like the blue.

But the axe is on an indefinite hold as the pvc tubing I got isn't going to be large enough.
    If you can wangle it, and the power ratings aren't too different, use the quick change system.

I thought you'd use normal polyc for the blade of the axe?

As for the clamp, there's a guy on ebay that does then in 3 or 4 different styles.

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:

Well for the axe I was gonna use the normal poly c blade and use sort of a drop/off the side bladeholder and a short section to hold the puck and batterypack, But I also want to use the handel of the axe to hold the blade when I have it mounted to my mando. But that would leave me with just a 3/4" blade and I dont want to deal with that at all.

So Iam gonna wait till last to figure out the axe, But the orange led is going in the axe.

Well the extention/choke has been ordered so all thats left is the clamp.

Graflex shop or Blastech industries for that dude. Much as I love Jeff's work, his delivery times need work....