Thread: Takin a Crack at it

Default Takin a Crack at it

Well I've got an old busted 2003 ROTJ EL and I'm gonna get the blade replaced (first time trying this). I've got a tutorial, a tool kit and I'm ordering a new blade BUT... I don't know how to get the EL tube out. It seems to be stuck in the inside lining of the broken polycarbonate tube and I'm not sure how to take it out. I could provide a picture if it helps, but my main question is how do you get a EL tube out of a broken blade correctly? Should I just tug at it which sounds pretty stupid or is there a right way of removing it?

Quote Originally Posted by lethalkillaz View Post
    Well I've got an old busted 2003 ROTJ EL and I'm gonna get the blade replaced (first time trying this). I've got a tutorial, a tool kit and I'm ordering a new blade BUT... I don't know how to get the EL tube out. It seems to be stuck in the inside lining of the broken polycarbonate tube and I'm not sure how to take it out. I could provide a picture if it helps, but my main question is how do you get a EL tube out of a broken blade correctly? Should I just tug at it which sounds pretty stupid or is there a right way of removing it?
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=2479&page=5

Try this manual ...

btw: i send you a PM