Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EpII Obi-Wan

Default EpII Obi-Wan

I've suddenly found myself wanting to put together a decent replica of an Episode 2 Obi-Wan saber, so I've just started to hunt out a parts list.

It looks like I'll be doing a bunch with sink tubes and sink tube adapters, but any tips would be welcome.

Looks like a blade holder 3, custom milled slightly smaller so it can be powder-coated black and still fit in the sink tube will be the starting point. Other than the sink tube adapters and the standard electronic innards, are there any other parts that can be gotten here?
    The lightsaber: An elegant weapon from a more civilized age...
    ... or the galaxy's best utility knife?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

There is a good tutorial at the big yellow box.

http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/plans...tyle2Intro.htm
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Um...that's the Ep. 1 saber...he asked about Ep. 2
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Well, from what I've found so far, the Ep1 & Ep2 sabers are more or less the same with just a few differences in the details, so an Ep1 will work as well.
    The lightsaber: An elegant weapon from a more civilized age...
    ... or the galaxy's best utility knife?

Not trying to be a jerk, but that is false...

Obi loses his saber during the fight with Maul at the end of TPM and so builds a new saber for ATC which is in the style of his ANH saber which is along the lines of lukes ROTJ saber.

Two very different designs. I would post pics but my work computer doesn't like to let me do that, examples of both can easily be found by googling Obi TPM saber and Obi episode 2 saber.

actually I think it's different, he loses his saber in TPM and builds a similar one for AoTC which he loses on Geonosis, he then builds the one we see in RotS and ANH.

here's a pic of his AotC saber

I stand corrected sir. ::bows humbly::

there is alot of conflicting information out there on this subject, thanks for clearing that up.

I will know tuck tail and forever leave this thread, but beware...

Now that you have struck me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!!!

heh, considering that most of this is due to them losing props and making new ones movie to movie it get's confusing, I've been wanting to build an Obi AotC replica for awhile but that ball pommel is a problem, I know a couple of the machinists here have done it though.

From what I've read, he uses the force to bring his saber back up from the shaft after killing Maul, Wookiepedia is a handy source

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Ok so being Sith, I lied, I didn't leave...MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anywho, I'm looking into ways of doing it as well. i want to make a hardware version similar to BigYellowBox version, but I want to find something better for the pommel. Then when I finally get my lathe I will work on doing a turned version so it can put my hardware version in a corner and berate it to tears!!