Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Special plastic glue

The big problem with shipping glue (hazmat) is that it has to be shipped in a seperate box packed following the requiremnets for the material you are shipping and it also has to be shipped labeled as hazmat, and can not be sent by airplane, all shipping must be done by truck. By the time that tube of glue gets to you the shipping costs more than the glue. Some companies just sell it and ship it with the practice of don't ask don't tell, but if ever caught they will wish they never had, because the govermnet deptartments that oversee such things will come and make bad things happen, and then crawl through your records and bust you for every time you shiped it.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

a simple plastic epoxy will work, home depot or lowes will carry it for a few bucks. I haven't had any problems yet, but i also have not yet stress tested like some of our other cohorts. Any thoughts?

well i got my new can of weld-on 3 today. and they just ship it ups in a cardboard box. so i think if tim wanted he could do it the same way. also, tim, how the heck do you reseal your can? that first one i had i used to glue on a tip, remember, and i put lid back on. i checked it a while back and it was all gone. it evaporated. so how do you seal it back up so that dont happen?

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

What kind of can was it in? I have a big aluminum can and you just have to tighten it. The rubber piece in the lid seals it.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

that first can i got was a smaller one, i unscrewed the lid and there was a metal insert in the opening. i had to pry it out. the lid had no rubber seal or anything at all in it. i have not opened this new can. its a larger can than the first one. it looks like a larger form of the can you get when you get pvc glue and primer, if you see what i mean. the first can, the one that dried up, was just a lil bit bigger than those, this new can is alot bigger than that.

i wanted the advice before i opened this one, and had the same thing happen, as this stuff is not cheap, when you throw in the shipping. its 20 bucks or more.

if i open the new one and theres no rubber seal, before i pull out the insert, what would you recommend i use for a seal?

Can you use crazy glue to put it on, I know that stuff holds good I was being a wise guy on night and i decided i would glue shut the freezer door and in a matter of seconds i had a hard time getting open and it even ripped part of the seal on.

dude crazy glue melts plastic i mean as well as burning ur fingers if it gets on the glue will melt it therefore ruining the tip.

The Dark Side will kill you
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

The problem with super glue is the fumes that are given off as it dries which cause clouding of the inside and outside of your tip and blade. The outside could be polished off but there is no way to fix the inside clouding. I use Graftics #33 glue check your local craft store they should carry it.

Do-Clo

or the weld-on 3 glue too. this last can i got is a bigger one than the first i got. and it resealed good, hasnt dried out. maybe that first can had a defect or something.

The Craftics glue I have is in a tube and it is a thicker so it is easier to control.

Do-Clo