Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Viridian?

Default Viridian?

does anyone have a secret recipe for a viridian blade? It should be a sort of silvery green.

Probably an off-bin Cyan Luxeon (code 3+, perhaps)
    Ore no kono te ga makka ni moeru!
    Shouri wo tsukameto todoroki sakebu!
    BaaaaAAAAKUNETSU!
    GOOOOODUUU FINGAAAAAAAAAA!

i would get some lee filters,do clo has made a nice filtered saber with lee filters and a white k2,a p4 would work even better

but most of the cyans that are coming out these days are more of a spearmint green .,so thats basically virdian,so its really up to u,look at www.doclosabers.com he has a spearmint cyan under blades for cyan

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kronos View Post
    does anyone have a secret recipe for a viridian blade? It should be a sort of silvery green.
    Are you the same cat that asked about this over on FX-sabers?

Regardless, you might have to do some first-hand investigating...

"Blue to green to somewhere inbetween" has a reputation for not photographing accurately, e.g. a cyan bin2 will look like a bin1 in pictures. Blue and Yellow are usually a tad more prominent in those inbetween color blends. Make sense?

There's lots of pictures here, so look around for ideas - just keep in mind that there is that subtle shift in pics.

!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Are you the same cat that asked about this over on FX-sabers?

Regardless, you might have to do some first-hand investigating...

"Blue to green to somewhere inbetween" has a reputation for not photographing accurately, e.g. a cyan bin2 will look like a bin1 in pictures. Blue and Yellow are usually a tad more prominent in those inbetween color blends. Make sense?

There's lots of pictures here, so look around for ideas - just keep in mind that there is that subtle shift in pics.

!!!!
    That's exactly why drafters and architects use cyan drafting pencils for the initial design sketches. Once the blueprints are finalized with black ink they can be photocopied with no sign of the cyan pencil.

I was thinking that it might be possible to blend a couple different colors of EL wire.

By the way that cat wasn't me.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kronos View Post
    I was thinking that it might be possible to blend a couple different colors of EL wire.

By the way that cat wasn't me.
    Rog. Anyway, if I understand correctly, viridian is a little more green/white than green/blue, right? This pic is my P4 green, this is actually what it looks like - it photographs well; not so well with video...

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...sc/greenro.jpg

Cyan bin6 is a nice minty green, Jay-gon Jinn used one in one of his, you might PM him to see how well it compared to the fo'real...

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=4783&page=2

Is this about what you're looking for?

Bin 2 is when i starts to turn green to the eye but will look like a bin 1 on camera.

Thats a bin 2 but to the eye it looks more like this just a touch greener.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I have various CYAN LUX III's and I started testing them. ON carmera the lower numbers come off more blue to green and the higher ones definitely come off more of what your looking for. Sadly you'll never really get that pure color. Eyes are a tricky thing honestly. WIth my bin 2 red/orange my wife says it's more red when I see more orange. People are different so you'll need to gauge it for yourself. BUt yeah try cyan lux 3 ranging in 5 or 6 if you can get them that is.
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    I have various CYAN LUX III's and I started testing them. ON carmera the lower numbers come off more blue to green and the higher ones definitely come off more of what your looking for. Sadly you'll never really get that pure color. Eyes are a tricky thing honestly. WIth my bin 2 red/orange my wife says it's more red when I see more orange. People are different so you'll need to gauge it for yourself. BUt yeah try cyan lux 3 ranging in 5 or 6 if you can get them that is.
    Derail...

Didn't you refer to her as a "soon to be wife" earlier? Did you get married between then and now? and if so...

GET THE HECK OFF YOUR COMPUTER!!!

bin 5 and 6 cyans are green so maybe try a bin 3 or 4.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics