Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Corbin board v2

Wow, this is still not sinking in. This is exactly why I didn't like high school, if a teacher told me to read from a book, I didn't understand, but if someone explained it or drew a picture, I could figure it out easy. Looking at the two different diagrams, the killswitch port and the recharge port, I just can't put them together without getting confused. So are you saying that I don't need a killswitch setup or saying I just don't need the killswitch key?

So is this right?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That is perfect.

And you don't need a key... IF the corbin board leaches current, I haven't noticed.

Well, I wired it up just like the diagram showed, just like you said it would and the damn battery pack melted. Is there any reason for something like that to happen?

sounds like you got the pins on the 2.1mm charging port mixed up. use a multimeter to make sure there is very low impedence between what you believe are the two negative posts and very high impedence (like infinity) between the positive and two negative posts (test them one at a time). Make sure you're testing the jack with nothing plugged into it, of course.

It's possible you've got a bad recharge port.

I didn't have the port hooked up. I was just testing the connections to make sure I had it right and the 4 seconds I had the led on, it melted the batteries.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You have a short somewhere.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

It wasn't put in the saber when tested. There was no metal on metal to cause a short. Unless something else could have shorted it, I really don't know.

Ok, rechecked the battery. Just got too hot and melted some heatshrink off. Hooked up everything else, it lit up, but won't go off. Switch won't work. Tried a different switch, same problem. Tried a third switch, same problem. What is wrong?

still sounds like a short. unwire the switch entirely and use a pair of tweezers or something to touch the two switch pads together.

Alright...Third try coming up. I don't know whats going on with this thing, or my wiring...

I've wired up 6 hilts but can't wire a corbin board.... *Sigh*