Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

dang it's been a while... any ideas to add?

I'll be updating this. Like I definately need to add Erv's soldering video. that would help.

I probably need to drop that sound one I ever did... it's a lot of work just getting links for tons of options.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

if you haven't already, 9 Volts suck for saber use.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

If I may be so bold.

You might add that resistored set-ups do generate a little more heat than a driver, because the current that is limited passes off as heat.

Especially when using Luxeon V's

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Crap... have to fix those links again...

Push for more ideas people. I'm going to add one now.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Could you give general shipping time estimates in here? I've been wanting to ask but don't want to get flamed as I am still searching the forums for it. So if I ask to have it put here, my question gets answered and I can't get flamed cuz its not in FAQ...yet. Thanks.

you might add something about momentary and latching switches and which setups they work with (hasbro = momentary MR = latching) I'm still trying to get that straitened out

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_DevilGuy View Post
    you might add something about momentary and latching switches and which setups they work with (hasbro = momentary MR = latching) I'm still trying to get that straitened out

Sounds like you got it right.
    Last edited by DarthFender; 06-11-2008 at 02:57 PM.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

This FAQ needs to be updated. Links aren't working... and needs to be a STICKY on the Welcome forums linking back to here for newbies to read so the veteran members don't get irritated with questions being asked over and over. Thanks!

I agree, updated links would be a great help.
    A link to the saber builder application would be useful too. I've seen reference to it in posts, but no actual links to it. I've been trying to find the thing on the site with no success.

The only other questions I have should be answered by the links in the FAQ once it's updated.

Thanks!

Dont forget there is the thread index with los of links that h ave to do with alot of the forum topics themselves.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics