Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention New Englanders: Mug shot! See page 5

Default Attention New Englanders: Mug shot! See page 5

Attention New Englanders:

Please forgive me if this has already been done in the area, I have come across nothing in the past week of lurching about it.

I propose that the “New England Conference of Jedi Lightsaber Craftsmen” hold a meeting in the near future.

I just thought of this idea, so no preliminary planes have been looked into, and everything may change. And for all I know, it could already exist. That being said, I would propose that this meeting be held at my local church, (I have connections there) in Southern Worcester County in about a month or 2. It should be some Saturday and we could do lunch or dinner. Possibly catering, (if so, admission would be required. I’m not rich lol)

Activities would include:
    -Showing off your works of art.
    -Discussing your construction techniques and “Tricks of the trade”
    -Mock battles (Try this at your own risk because Injuries are likely)
    -Skits or Reenactments of your choice.
    -Trading possible
    -Proper attire a plus []
    -To be announced…

If there are enough people interested in attending this conference please post up. I would estimate that a minimum number of people would be 10-15 (including guests) But the more the merrier.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Not a New Englander, but it sounds like a good idea. I bet it will be like castrating a bull to 10-15 people though. You might want to talk to your local fan force because they'll know who's a costumer/prop maker and you might be able to get some people on their way to a convention.

From the impression I get though, you having not built any yet, you just want to see a bunch of sabers in person.[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Firebird21

[quote]Originally posted by xwingband

From the impression I get though, you having not built any yet, you just want to see a bunch of sabers in person.[]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Don't we all?
    I hope to have build one by then.
    I don't think my stock MR is going to be that impresive to you guys. lol

Hey Firebird! Just wondering if you've talked to the local chapters of the 501st and the RebelLegion? I know of 3 of us in the Alderaanbase chapter of the RL who make sabers. I'm sure there are a few darksiders in the 501neg and ConnSquad! Drop a few lines there. Also check out the Boston Museum of Science this Friday evening if you can for a big costuming panel by both sides, including saber making! PM me and I'll send you some links!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Erik

Hey Firebird! Just wondering if you've talked to the local chapters of the 501st and the RebelLegion? I know of 3 of us in the Alderaanbase chapter of the RL who make sabers. I'm sure there are a few darksiders in the 501neg and ConnSquad! Drop a few lines there. Also check out the Boston Museum of Science this Friday evening if you can for a big costuming panel by both sides, including saber making! PM me and I'll send you some links!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wow... That was alot of name dropping!

I now know how much of a I really am!

You're going to have to spell that one out for me.

What am I getting myself into???

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The 501st and Rebel Legion are both costuming groups. Those guys you see at big events and "trooping" are them.

Check out www.501st.com and www.rebellegion.com It's a top notch group nationwide.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Cool, Thank you. I will check them out tomorrow.
    Now it's time for bed.

Yay, I just got the email saying my saber parts have been shipped!

Edit: BTW I did go to the Star Wars exhibit at the Museum of Science. Very cool stuff!!! And I did see something about free admission to anyone in costume on some day. Is that what you’re talking about?

I just love those kind of e-mails.

Hail from the most southwestern part of NE!

That sounds like a great idea and I would love to setup a workshop.

I hail from the CT Garrison of the 501st. If you are outside CT then you are looking for the NE Garrison (NEG). Both groups are great to hang out with. The NEG has quite a few members that are in the Rebel Legion and would jump over a workshop like that. The CTG just spun off the NEG and we are still growing members. We have an Anakin, Vader, Emperor, and soon I will be completing my Revan.

Links for you....

www.501st.com
    www.connsquad.com
    www.501neg.com

Just a thought…

If Tim would sanction, endorse, sponsor, what ever the correct terminology may be, maybe we could sell some of his stuff there too.

We could sell key chains, holders, shirts (if available), and probably even misc. saber parts too.

I’m not going to pretend that there aren't a lot of logistics that would require ironing out, but I think it would be very cool!

All this is provided this thing gets off the drawing board.

TK938 and Erik, if you are known in those forums, I was wondering if you could be the ambassadors and drop a line there.

Like I said, I want to get a feel for how popular an idea this is before I get too involved, just to have it fizzle out. So if you guys wanted to mention something on the other forums and get a feel for how many are interested, I would appreciate it very much.

If other forums are doing similar things, that’s cool. But I want to try and start our own thing. And maybe spark some more around the country. I love what Tim has done here and I think he’s going to do well with it. So I want to give him a helping hand and get more people interested in saber making and further inspire those who are already here.

BTW, I hear that air fair from Seattle to Boston is dirt cheap! Hint hint, nudge nudge… lol