Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: complete blades choice

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by StrydurAs far as getting beemed in the eyes from the light coming out the tip. Its not bad since the light only comes out from the sides of the tip. Have you seen those kids flashlights where they project a image on the wall? This does the same thing.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Wait... what? Um, so is the tip lit up, or not? I just don't want my saber to have a black tip on the end while I'm dueling.

Nightwing it looks like the tip is still lit to me in the last pic. I love that the tip is lit to so I guess that's the pic I zoned in on

To clarify this, maybe you should post a tip down picture view.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    HK-47: Extrapolation: 98% probability the miniature organic's [Jawa] tribe has been captured by the sand people and he wants us to mount a rescue. Revan: What about the other 2%? HK-47: Explanation: 2% probability that the miniature organic meatbag is just looking for trouble and wants us to blast him, although this may just be wishful thinking on my part, master. -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Tim, kinda a pain in the butt, crzy suggestion here...What if you cored out the tip semi-circle with a larg drill bit, say 1/2" - 3/4", I have no idea what might be optimal. This would give you basically a very small bowl. Then spray the inside surface with a semi transparent reflective paint that would diffuse the light shining into it but allow the tip to hold a portion of the light causing the tip to glow. Onto the flat side of this bowl you would glue the reflective tape but it ould have a center hole or small circular hole pattern in it to allow a small portion of the light to enter the tip but most would still be refected back down the tube.

Kinda nuts I know but I'm just brainstorming here. See diagram below...

Tiberius

Okay... I guess its only me... lol...

But if you do stop offering the mirrored ones, let me know before hand so I can snag a few.

Thanks,

Shawn

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

You can only see what I would consider somewhat bright light at a direct 45 degree angle. The reason for this is the light comes up and wraps over the tip because of the way it is shaped and the fact that it magnifies. Hard to explain..I could probably even use a larger piece of material and still light up the tip with less light escaping out the sides.

On a side note..drilling a hole in a mirror or scraping off some of the backing in the center does NOT work. All it does is make a beam come shooting out the end. Since we focus all of the light the brightest part is at the center of the tip thats why this does not work.

tip view unlighted
    [img]../scripts/tippik7.jpg[/img]
    direct on tip view
    [img]../scripts/tippik6.jpg[/img]
    45 degree angle tip view
    [img]../scripts/tippik5.jpg[/img]

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Is it weird that I actually squinted on that last picture?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    HK-47: Extrapolation: 98% probability the miniature organic's [Jawa] tribe has been captured by the sand people and he wants us to mount a rescue. Revan: What about the other 2%? HK-47: Explanation: 2% probability that the miniature organic meatbag is just looking for trouble and wants us to blast him, although this may just be wishful thinking on my part, master. -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Aaaaahhhh.... I see now.
    That still looks really nice. I'll definitely get that blade if you offer it. (literally, I'm just sitting here with my money, waiting 'til it's put up)

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you want to order one this way..just order the regular one and mention that you want the one I showed on the boards. That is until I actually add it as an option.

If you have a blade on order and would like it this way or the normal way but without a actual glass mirror please e-mail me or post on here with your order number. I will be making all of the current order of blades today or tomorrow so let me know asap. These things are much easier to build in bulk thats why I post the 2 week rule on anything I have to build.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

i think i am having a flash back. Seen this before
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...30&whichpage=3