Force Aware
    Force Aware

Talking

perfect, thanks Tim
    Judge them from the Darkness...

Oho! Sweet

A new part to tinker with in sketchup

Maverick

there are several new parts coming form what Tim posted I believe..new choke too gear section..and new BH's..

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    there are several new parts coming form what Tim posted I believe..new choke too gear section..and new BH's..
    Yeeeeesss! I love new parts!!!!!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

would love to be able to make a true TCSS MHS obi-wan ep3 saber

Force Aware
    Force Aware

MHS obi-wan would be nice, bet it would be a great seller for the shop...think most of the parts are there or close enough?
    Judge them from the Darkness...

Minus the gear, its possible now. The new neck, which looks so much better in person than on the site, was a custom job for someone's Obi MHS. I can't wait for new blade holders (if any).
    Alderaan shot first.

but that knob pommel needs redone to better be in proportion to the rest of it.

im really lookin forward to the progess on this, i have a static obi saber prop. built from a brass grenade replica, a replica clamp and bubbles, and the rest of the parts are from Romans site. its all metal.

it would be fantastic to have a MHS that ends up lookin close to it, that i can actually duel with.

i know ya think, well, the FX obi saber, converted. yeah, your right, but i never was able to get one for a good price, and this would be waaay better in MHS anyways.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAN-ED-TUL View Post
    but that knob pommel needs redone to better be in proportion to the rest of it.
    Use a 1.25" tube and you can mount an armatige shanks handwheel to it and you can't really go more accurate than that...

Frankly I don't understand the idea of using that choke point though. It screws up the length and that pretty much is counter productive to being more accurate by including that detail... it's lose-lose.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

yeah, i could , but i only have the solid one peice pommel replica roman did back when he first made them. tryin to get one of his newer 3 piece models is hard, theyre never in stock, it seems.

on the choke point, i understand your point, but theres really no way we can have the neck as small as its supposed to be, and have any kind of durability out of it. it would bend or break off. i think the whole point being made here, is the new choke gets us a lil closer to the look, without the windvane part on there, than the other choke will.

myself, i have no issue with it looking a lil different overall, but i think, that when someone looks at it, it will be unmistakeable, that its a obi saber, allbeit a lil different.

i beleive thats what most of us, putting our hopes into the MHS parts for this are lookin at.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!