Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Airsofters wanted

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    I paintball. Airsoft is for wussies!

Please. I do full milsim with airsoft. Milspec capacity in the mags (modded so as to ONLY accept Milspec) Accurate cycle rates, high ass velocity, and specified loadout options. Which are continuously questioned by fellow gamers I bring in who point to soldiers "improvising". *headdesk* Damn gamers

Not to mention, airsoft just plain looks better. I can't look at a picture paintball gun or load-out and take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Unit View Post
    Not to mention, airsoft just plain looks better. I can't look at a picture paintball gun or load-out and take it seriously.
    Though honestly those things friggen HURT.

But they look bloody silly XD

Well I have decided that when I get the cash to get into airsoft I will be getting an Echo1 G36C.

Yes a clone of a clone but I have read many reviews and for the price and what it is its a hell of a fricking deal.

But I will be replacing the battery with a better 8.v battery for more mah and a nimh battery, I dont trust nicd or lipo as far as I can throw a front end loader.

A smart charger will be a must and eventually a red dot or acog type scope, then finish it off with some star 140 round mid cap mags and use the high cap as a back up.

Then IAm going to get a AoT style mask like my brother has that is rated for airsoft.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Guys, comparing, airsoft to paintball, is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both the same.

We shoot balls at each other and go home at the end of the day. Nothing milsim in that.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

no offense count but you're wrong. play with life loads and then do milsim.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

None taken.

Here is my take on milsim, in which airsoft does not even apply.

In the military, in which milsim's name is taken from (Military Simulation) You get deployed for about a year.

In airsoft, you go for a few hours and go home, take a shower, and rest.

In the military, foot patrols take hours, and usually you dont see alot of fighting.

In airsoft, foot patrols might not even exist depending on the game, and how long it is. After all, if an airsofter is bored because the game is boring, then he/she should make the game fun for themselves.

In the military, when you get shot in the head, you die.

In airsoft, when you get shot in the head, you might bleed a little or get a welt, but you go home at the end of the day and eat a nice meal.

In the military, you can be court marshalled for doing just about anything against the rules.

In airsoft, court marshalling does not exist. If the player decides to leave his squad during an operation, then he is just trying to have some fun.

After all airsoft is about fun, right?

Here is a quote from a really great guy I know.

1. In the REAL military... You can't just 'QUIT' for lunch.. or take a 'break' when you're hot and tired... In airsoft.. if you're tired.. you pull out your dead rag and go sit in the shade. You might piss people off.. but what are they going to do? Send you to the brig? You can't SIMULATE the 'real military' process of 'making' someone go into battle... because since this is a GAME.. people have the right to 'QUIT' anytime they feel like it.. and there is nothing you can do. If this were 'true' simulation.. that person would be cleaning the ****cans for the rest of the OP.. but again.. it can't be done.
    2. In the REAL military... when 'exercises' are performed.. even using "MILES".. the GEAR that a soldier weighs is normally no less than 60 pounds. When you factor in body armor, ammo, etc.. The soldier is wearing about the same weight as three airsofters. They must carry this equipment.. they don't have a choice. But in airsoft.. even with a 'structured' uniform code.. you're going to get people that 'run light'.. that's because in airsoft.. there is no need for 'body armor'.. The weight of the gear alone is NO COMPARISON
    3. In the REAL military... even when you are at WAR... there are many times when you are on Patrol.. if you're lucky.. you may go an entire tour without getting shot at... In Airsoft.. if a player participates in a 3 hour game.. and doesn't get to shoot anyone... he COMPLAINS about how 'boring' the game was.. The difference between a 6 month deployment and a 6 hour game.. are enormous.. there is NO COMPARISON
    4. In the REAL military.. in order for someone to be 'labeled' a Special Forces Operator.. they must pass a grueling physical test as well as many other 'tests'.. to see if they would be 'able' to even be 'considered' for Special Forces... In airsoft.. all they have to do is buy an AEG and spend some money on some 'replica' gear.. and all of a sudden they're SPEC-OPS... The difference between true ability and commitment is immeasurable... there is NO COMPARISON.
    5. (one of my favorites)... In the REAL military... in WAR.. or even in TRAINING... if it is RAINING.. you don't get a choice of whether or not you will be able to fight. If in WAR.. it is raining.. and you're in the MUD.. that's where you are.... In airsoft.. if there is the 'slightest hint' of rain in the forecast.. games get canceled.. people won't 'play'.. and sometimes won't even get out of bed. When it comes to the weather.. the real military don't get a choice... in airsoft.. they just don't leave the house.. NO COMPARISON
    6. In the REAL military... more often that not... a "HERO".. is someone that has "DIED" for their country.. In airsoft... 'EVERYONE' is a hero... or atleast they'd like to be.. but at the end of the day.. they're counting their kills and telling people how they 'PWND' some guy on the hill.. Dying and Bragging.. are two different things.... NO COMPARISON.
    7. In the REAL military.. many 'war' veterans won't discuss the 'details' of the campaigns they've been involved in... in airsoft.. you get play by play, minute by minute fine detailed stories about how "Super Rambo" was able to take out three people on the hill.. and surrender 4 others..
    8. Speaking of surrenders... In the REAL MILITARY.. They are taught to kill the enemy... Every so often.. they may be tasked with capturing a prisoner.. but if you were recently exchanging bullets with a guy on the other side of the street... you know that he wants to kill you... and unless you do it first.. he will. So you try your best to get around him and take out the threat.. In airsoft.. even if you've been exchanging rounds with a player for 20 minutes... if you get a 'clean' shot.. you're supposed to yell 'surrender'... And since the airsoft safety Nazi's tell us that we need to offer surrenders when ever we have a 'clean' shot.. there is NO COMPARISON
    9. In the REAL military... if a soldier finds himself out of ammo.. behind enemy lines and face to face with the enemy that wants to cut off his head... he must fight for his life.. hopefully he has a knife or something... otherwise the other soldier may kill him... In airsoft.. if a player finds himself out of ammo.. behind enemy lines and face to face with the enemy that wants to 'shoot' him... he is supposed to yell "BANG BANG"... and who ever yells it 'first'.. wins.. Let's see.. fight for your life... or simply yell "BANG BANG" to kill the other person... NO COMPARISON
    10. In the REAL military.. if an Iraqi soldier suddenly appears to your right about 10 feet away... you turn towards and fire a round smack dab into his heart... In airsoft... if an opposing player suddenly appears to your right about 10 feet away... you turn towards and even if you had a weapon.. you couldn't shoot him anyway and now you must yell... "PARLAY"... and you both walk away from each other... only to have to make the guy who just 'snuck' up on you.. do it all over again.
    11. In the REAL military... if you get shot... in the head.. YOU DIE... In airsoft.. if you get shot in the head.. you complain about it and scream about how 'unfair' it is... even if the shot was unintentional.. The difference here is.. that in the REAL military.. you are told to keep your head down or it will get shot.. In airsoft.. most people 'lead' with their heads.. and end up getting shot.. then complain about it. Be happy your not dead.... NO COMPARISON.
    12. In the REAL military.. when a squad is tasked with locating a "RADIO TOWER"... they are actually looking for a radio tower.... In airsoft.. many times that 'radio tower'... is something like a yellow ladder or similar that looks 'nothing' like what it is 'supposed' to be.. If you're going to make a 'prop' in airsoft.. at least try to make it look real.... NO COMPARISON
    13. In the REAL military... they use Helicopters to transport troops and equipment... In airsoft.. they use UHAUL trucks or similar and 'call' them Helicopters.. One's on the air where it is really untouchable.. and one isn't... NO COMPARISON
    14. In the REAL military... troops are actually TRAINED on the proper use of a radio.. when to use it, why and what to say... In airsoft.. if you can afford to spend $39.99... you too can have a radio.. and then we get those annoying confirmation beeps.. and useless banter over the air..
    15. In the REAL military.. the phrase "WHAT EVER IT TAKES".. means exactly that.... In airsoft.. the phrase "WHAT EVER IT TAKES".. means as long as you stay 'within' the rules.. and if you think of a way other than what is 'allowed' by the rules.. you are called "CHEATERS"...
    16. In the REAL military.. many people signed up because they were looking for 'adventure'... but when they are called to WAR.. they complain about how they are being called to war... In airsoft.. EVERYONE signs up for war.. simply because they know they are going home at the end of the day... NO COMPARISON
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

I think they were talking about "milsim" as opposed to "speedball" styles of play.

(In the Army, currently deployed, I know whereof you speak.)

CF Your talking 100% way to serious, Milsim for airsofting is practicing military maneuvers, tatics and the sort.

Who in there right mind would consider milsim airsofting - military . Thats just retarted.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics