Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Airsofters wanted

So now I am Crystal Focus? No longer CD? lol

Well I know I got too serious but I was just pointing out some things that really irk me and one of them is people that think that playing airsoft is "more milsim than paintball"
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 987654321a View Post
    Here is my take on milsim... In the military, when you get shot in the head, you die.
    Umm, I would consider death resulting from a military ops as real, not MilSim.

ok, I am ex-military (Army Airborne, HUA!), ex-paintballer, and current airsofter.

In my military career, i took part in OpFor for SERE, simulated OpFor engagement with SEALs and did military excercises in the woods while stationed States side. In all that, the excercises lasted from a few days to a couple of months. Not a full year. And we were given guns with Blanks, not real bullets. In the event we had to shoot each other, we either used lasers or those really painful 9mm paint bullets. Again, not real bullets.

And the 92W folks always provided portable showers so I got warm showers while I was out on the field.

Anyway. MilSim as in military simulation is about acting as army/marines/navy etc. usually in a war re-enactment like WWI, WWII, Desert Storm. Or as a military exercise to prepare for future conflict/deployment

in that aspect airsoft is really Milsim as the game often involves objectives, strategic positions, radio comm, and tactical movement. In games i play there is guidlines for uniforms. Between rounds we take into account how many objectives are met and how much ground was controled by each team. Games can last from 1 hour to 3 days. So airsoft is more MilSim than paintball where you dash to a inflatable bunker, shoot a lot of paint, and grab a flag.
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

I think y'all are arguing two points at once.

Neither Paintball or Airsoft are milsim or not, they are a kind of airgun firing different ammunition. Both could be used (and have) to play capture the flag and both could be used (and have) to play military simulation games. Heck lasertag, nerf, even cap guns can be used to play either kind of game

Ok I can't seem to find the ECHO1 SCAR in stock ANYWHERE except ebay which I don't trust with that.

So, I wanted to get your opinions on this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3941

I'm sure it's good, it got a five star rating the FPS is great and it's full metal, but just to make sure I want you guy's thoughts on it.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Burn it. Moscow Centre sends another kitten off to Siberia for every AK made with RIS rails.

Seriously, if you want rails, get an M4/HK416/G36. Don't spoil an already beautiful gun with them. Also, for those that don't know, AKs have side-mounts for attaching Russian optics, so you don't need to put on that ugly grip with rails (and putting rails on the dust cover is moronic because that is an unstable platform).

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3141

This is the one you want. Having used one in person, I can tell you it is awesome. If you want a scope, go here:

www.kalinkaoptics.com

And buy one of the many scopes that says "AK Mount" in the description (you don't want the SKS/SVD mount).

I'll have to think about that one. I looked at it and I like it but I actually think the rails on the other one look cool.

For a pistol if I have money for one, what about this? http://www.pyramidairsoft.com/Produc...97&referer=520
    I know the FPS isn't the best and it's blow-back so it wastes gas but it looks cool. Thoughts?

EDIT: Gosh darnit! I've gotten used to AKs now and was preparing to get one and now I just checked airsoftgi and my SCAR is back in stock. Yay! But at the same time no yay. 'cause I already spent $300 bucks to buy a cello since I would use that more and the gun wasn't in stock.
    I've got the money to buy it but my problem is the whole parents thing with I just bought something expensive and now I want to buy something else expensive. Gah! I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by 37H4N; 10-27-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Wait and save your money, winter is comming in and xmas is around the corner so you will get more money. Iam sure there will be discounts during the holidays.

So just keep an eye open and see what pops up.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Blowback pistols are the only way to go (unless you are looking at the KJ Mk. I, which is a very good NBB). The WE P08 is fine.

K so once again me and my indecisive self, I decided on another rifle.
    I liked the AK and it's probably the better buy, but, I like the MP40.
    http://www.pyramidairsoft.com/Produc...64&referer=520

Besides it will compliment my P08 pistol!

Is pyramidairsoft.com a good site to order stuff from or should I look elsewhere?

thanks for putting up with me. lol

Look away! Dont buy from pyramid airsoft, all my friends who purchased from there were unsatisfied with EVERYTHING!
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.